c h a p t e r : 8

"I will take this burden on
And become the holy one
But remember I am human
And I'm bound to sing this song"
-Saviour, Black Veil Brides

Lilli was pissed.

And confused. She was more confused than she was pissed. Last night's events were a blur, and it felt as if a million knives were stabbing her calf.

Sometime in the middle of the night, Lilli crawled back into the apartment and treated the wound. She didn't want to go to the hospital because Lilli knew how it would've played out.

"Miss, how did you get this wound?"

"A guy in a green hood stabbed me in the leg, doctor."

Lilli buried herself further into the fluffy white pillows of her bed. There was one thing on her mind she couldn't shake - Barry Allen. Lilli hated being the angry, overly attached girl, but she couldn't help it. She was pissed. She was upset about the date, she was upset about the awful confrontation with The Flash, and she was upset because the badass in the dark green hood stabbed an arrow in her leg.

Barry had called too. Actually he called a lot. Mostly it had been on the home phone, but a couple of times on the cell. Lilli just let the machine get it. She hadn't bothered to look at the messages. In fact even if she wanted to get up and get the phone, Lilli doubted she could.

---

Lilli had decided it was a wear-pants-to-work-day. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't shake the limp. It was hard to jump, but she still managed to make it to Wayne Biotech three minutes before her shift had started. Lilli limped into the lobby, and Annika gave her a skeptical look from behind the mahogany desk. "Well you look like shit."

Lilli huffed. "Hey, I've looked worse."

"I'm guessing the date didn't go very well with this Ben fellow..."

"Barry," Lilli corrected.

"Barr-" Annika stopped mid word. "What hell is wrong with your leg?"

Lilli glanced down at her drooping calf. "I tripped."

"You tripped?"

"Yes."

"Okay..."

Lilli threw her hand up "Stop! You're sounding like Jade."

Annika narrowed her eyes. "Well, anyways, I'm sorry that your date was shit."

Lilli rolled her eyes and limped into the lab and began her work day,

---

At approximately 8:00 pm, Lilli flopped down on her bed with a tub of chocolate ice cream. Chocolate wasn't as good as cotton candy or oreo, but it would have to do. Work had been typical and boring. Lilli wished she could go out as Obsidian, but her leg was a miss. Lilli grabbed the remote and turned on the new bedroom tv. Central City news came on, and the anchor's were frantically talking about the one and only Leonard Snart.

Lilli dug her spoon into the chocolatey goodness. The spoon was nearly to her mouth, when her iPhone let out an annoying buzz. She dropped the spoon into the tub and let out a frustrated groan. It was probably Barry.