XIII. Leap of Faith

Not knowing what decision he has to make, Clark stepped into an empty church. A man was busy cleaning the old church with a radio nearby. The radio was filled with several arguments about the matter but with the conclusion of Clark or Kal-El surrendering himself to General Zod. Of course, the decision was clear to him but Clark couldn't make himself do it. He was still hesitant in his decision. Hoping to reach Eleanor, Clark visited the Daily Planet. 

Her co-workers had told them she didn't arrive at work and that he should check her apartment. Surprisingly, they gave him the address and Clark visited her apartment as well. No sign of her. Without Eleanor's help, Clark didn't know whom to turn too. Eleanor's open mind and comforting spirit always helped Clark in making his decision. Knowing she needed to be saved, not only as apart of the human race but also from herself.

Clark felt adapted to the human race and found them almost like family to him. Despite his differences and struggles in society, Clark knew he couldn't fit in with the rest of them. Therefore instead of being alongside them, Clark would lead them, be a guide and a symbol of hope.

Clark couldn't quite grasp the idea of being the only hope for the human people. He was labeled as a freak and several names that followed those lines. How would a freak lead the human race? How could a freak be the only hope for the people? Will these people even trust a freak -- a man who was not one of them?

**

Young Clark walked slowly behind the long line of classmates before him. His head down and looking at the cold concrete ground. He was forced to be in the back because well no one wanted to be near him.' Why do they even care what we do? We're in 11th grade!' Clark thought bitterly to himself. Soon all the kids disbanded the line and all started to walk with their friends. Clark continued to walk on the same path, glancing at each diverse group of people. 

They were all different in their appearances but they all had something in common – no freaks allowed. Returning to his usual spot, Clark sat by the wired fence with a book in his hand. His father had bought him a book about a boy who had similar situations to Clark. It was interesting to see the different attempts this fictional character would make to fit in with society. "Hey Clark I'm here." A girlish voice chirped. 

"Oh, don't talk to him, he's kind of weird. I don't even remember his name."  Another voice responded back. "Well he's my best friend and I've known him ever since we were kids I'll talk to him if I want to." Eleanor responded. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, you don't know what you're getting yourself into." The popular guy Brett Williams said as he gabbed Eleanor's arm and tightened his grip. 

"That cheer leading outfit makes you look hot

"That cheer leading outfit makes you look hot. How about you let me see what's under there?" Brett smirked while Eleanor looked at him in disgust. "Let go of me you pig." Eleanor said trying to move her arm. "Come on babe it won't hurt." Brett sneered. "Let me go!" Eleanor exclaimed. Clark stood up and slammed his fists onto the table. "She said let her go!" Clark yelled out loud. Brett and the jocks all turned their heads to Clark.