XII. Home

As his mother and Eleanor continued to chat, Clark's finger started to fiddle with his fork. Barely noticing, his food has been untouched and uneaten. Clark didn't feel hungry; in fact he was confused and a little scared for the decision he has to make. In between their conversations, Eleanor would flash a concerned look at Clark. Her hazel eyes filled with sympathy that Clark needed.

Maybe he should ask Eleanor about the situation, what she would do if the fate of the world were in her hands. She smiled at Clark, sending him a weird, small butterfly-like feeling in his stomach just like he felt when the two were younger the same feeling had sparked again. "Clark? Is everything alright? You haven't touched your dinner." His mother asked, tossing Eleanor and her's plates to the sink. Quickly looking up, Clark replied.

"I'm fine, Mom. I'm just not hungry tonight. Is there anything you need help with?" "Well, I do need-" His mother started. "I'll help, Martha. Clark, you should go get some rest." Eleanor interrupted, raising her hand in the air like a little first grader. "Oh, Eleanor, sweetheart. You don't have too. I'm not that old." Clark's mother joked beamingly. "No, it's fine Martha." Eleanor said. Eleanor sat up from her seat and walked over to his mother.

Asking about any things that needed to be done. Clark left the two and sat on the porch with thoughts about the General Zod situation. He was torn on whether to turn himself in or to remain hiding from the world. Throughout his whole life, Clark hid from the world. Waiting for the world to be ready to find out about his existence. Maybe, it was time for the world to find out who he was.

Right at this moment, the world needed hope and that was his role in the world, to guide and give the human race a symbol of hope. But, General Zod... could he be trusted? "What are you doing out here?" Eleanor spoke, folding her arms against her chest. She looked above into the sky and let out a soft sigh. "Wish we could get this kind of view in Metropolis." "It's pretty." Clark replied, gazing at the stars as well.

His hands suddenly became sweaty and his heart started to beat rapidly. Why was he acting like this? Sure, the Zod situation is nerve-wrecking as it is, but this wasn't why he was suddenly nervous. Soon Clark bashfully realized the amount of time he had spent gazing at Eleanor. Taking in her wavy blonde hair and wide smile, it was just like 7th grade. All the boys around her were anxious to know the pretty blonde girl.

Everyone wanted to know her and to friend her as if she was the next successful movie star. "Clark. Want to join Martha - I mean, your mom and I for a little dance party? It'll be fun, I promise." Eleanor said widening her smile as she raised her hand as if she was taking an oath. A bit hesitant, Clark accepted her invitation. He needed to take his mind off this situation for a brief moment.

Clark went inside and sat on the old couch. A melodic tune came on the radio, causing Clark's mother to jump from her seat. "Leave it there! This was your father and I's favorite song, Clark." She cried. Eleanor left the radio and sat at the couch beside them, listening to the tune of the piano play. A soft male's voice sang with the melodic piano playing in the background. Eleanor sat up and grabbed Clark's hand, causing him to flinch at her touch.

His mother smiled as she pulled Clark off the couch. The hand Eleanor held, she placed on her small hips while the other was intertwined with his other free hand. She also placed her arm around his broad shoulder and pulled herself slightly closer to him. Clark gulped and flashed a nervous look at his mother. His heart started to beat faster once again as Eleanor directed their moves. Nervously, he looked down at his feet, not wanting to accidentally step on Eleanor's.

"Don't worry, you're fine. Look at me, you're fine." Eleanor spoke, her voice soft and clear. Her eyes sent Clark a wave of reassurance as the two continued to dance along with the slow, melodic music. It was calm, peaceful and relaxing to Clark, sending him a different peaceful feeling he'd never felt before. To his surprise, Eleanor was softly singing the words to the song. Her voice still and calm reciting every word the song said.