XI. You Are Not Alone

Start from the beginning

**

Outside of Earth's atmosphere, a ship has inserted itself and targeted it's landing toward Earth. Inside the ship was a group of Kryptonians, the last of their kind. They were banished to the Phantom Zone due to their attempt to save their dying planet. Finally, they could rebuild their civilization, erase the human kind and replace the planet with their own. 

The plan to recreate Krypton was now in effect and a certain friend of theirs was also to be visited. Hopefully, the friend would help the group rebuild the civilization – after all, He is one of them. It was time to greet their fellow Kryptonian and the human race. 

** 

"So Eleanor about your boyfriend....Clark." Julia started smirking at Eleanor. "He is not my boyfriend we've simply been best friends ever since we were little." Eleanor explained. "See, he should just make the first move already it's obvious he has a thing for you." Julia said. "Really? How?" Eleanor asked. "The way you described how he saved you from a bus and the way you two would go everywhere together when you were younger. It's just clear that he liked you." Julia said. 

 Eleanor was about to say something until Jenny, a worker came up to Julia and Eleanor. "Eleanor! Julia! Come! They found some sort of spaceship here! It's up in the air, come on! It's all over the news!" Spaceship? As fast as they could, Eleanor and Julia followed Jenny into the Planet's control room. The TVs were plastered with the different news stations – all covering the same story. As she pulled her hair back into a ponytail, Eleanor took note of the spacecraft. 

It's weird shape reminded her of the hands of the huge machine in the movie, "The Incredibles." All of sudden, the TVs shut off and the lights were all out. "Whoa, what's going on? I feel like we're in a horror movie." Julia whispered, tickling Eleanor's neck. The dark TV screen was now a mixture of gray, white and colors along those lines. It was blurred and filled with increasing static. Words began to appear on the screen with a mulled voice behind it. 

Eleanor tried her best to make out the four words that continued to repeat itself on the screen."You are not alone." Suddenly, blurred by the different pixels on the screen, a large ominous figure appeared on the screen. "My name is General Zod. I come from a world far from yours. I have journeyed across an ocean of stars to reach here. For sometime, your world has sheltered one of my citizens. I would request that you return this individual to my custody. 

For reasons unknown, he has chosen to keep his existence a secret from you." At that moment, Perry glanced over at Eleanor, knowing she has found an individual that possibly fit the description. "He has made efforts to blend in. He will look like you, but he is not one of you. To those of you who know of his location: the fate of your planet rests in your hands. To Kal-El, I say this: surrender within 24 hours, or watch this world suffer the consequences..." 

As the figure finished, the screen returned to it's blank black shade and the lights turned back on. "Correction. Alien invasion. We are currently in an Alien invasion." Julia whispered again. Nearby, Eleanor met Perry's alert eyes, knowing Eleanor had encountered and experienced out-this-world experiences. From the bus accident to the Arctic incident, Eleanor ran into many out-of-this-world experiences which had come with being best friends with Clark. 

"Could the alien be talking about Clark?" Julia asked. Not knowing what else to say, Eleanor nodded. "We have to keep this between us. Only Perry knows, of course. But stay quiet. No matter what." "Well, you were the one being rescued. Therefore, you have to keep your mouth shut too. I just happened to write down your experience." With that, the two walked out of the room and returned to work. Clark, Kal-E,l the alien General Zod was asking for, would he turn himself in? 

**

Grabbing a small beer to drink, Clark continued to watch the football game on TV. His mother was busy picking fresh fruits outside their house, while Angel sat on the couch. It was peaceful time for Clark, a moment he missed. Ever since he left Kansas and roamed around areas, Clark missed the homey-feeling of comfort. It wasn't until he found out about his true heritage; Clark finally had the feeling of true comfort assure him. 

But, returning to his mother's loving arms and home, made Clark feel better. "Clark! Clark!" His mother cried from outside. Following his mother's voice, Clark ran outside. She pulled his sleeve to turn his view to a glowing object in the dark sky. The two continued to watch the mysterious ship as it continued to hover around the Earth's sky.

Could this be from Krypton? Behind them, the lights in the house were suddenly turned off. His mother looked around the area, to see if this was a sudden power outage. A loud, creaking-like noise rang through their house as Clark slowly approached to open the door. Once the door was open, the sound was no longer creak-like. The TV was flashing different words on the screen and an ominous voice was speaking. 

It was blurred and filled with static as Clark slowly walked to see what was going on the screen. "You are not alone." It kept on repeating. "My name is General Zod. I come from a world far from yours. I have journeyed across an ocean of stars to reach here. For sometime, your world has sheltered one of my citizens. I would request that you return this individual to my custody. For reasons unknown, he has chosen to keep his existence a secret from you."

Clark looked over at his mother who had a grim look on her fragile face. "He will look like you, but he is not one of you. To those of you who know of his location: the fate of your planet rest is in your hands. To Kal-El, I say this: surrender within 24 hours, or watch this world suffer the consequences..." As the message ended, lights finally came on and it brought along a small explosion of one of the light bulbs. 

His mother let out a frightened scream as the bowl in her hands dropped onto the floor. After hearing his mother's scream, Clark knew his mother was afraid for him. To reassure her, he quickly embraced his mother, holding her close. "It's okay, Mom." He whispered, brushing her tangled hair on his shoulder. After letting go, Clark politely gathered the fruits that dropped from his mother's bowl. 

His mind was suddenly thrown and jumbled with different thoughts about the situation. Should he turn himself in? Clark remembered what his father said about General Zod, his attempts to save Krypton. Should this man be trusted? Few minutes passed since the message, there was a knock at the door. His mother suddenly jumped at the sound as Angel constantly barked at the door. 

Cautiously, Clark approached the door, calling out to whoever was on the other side. "Clark! Clark!" A familiar voice called. Eleanor. Assured it was someone he knew, Clark quickly opened the door. Eleanor's flustered, wind-swept appearance was greeted before him. Her cheeks stained with patches of red and her hair loosened into a ponytail. "Clark? Who... Oh, hello Eleanor." His mother greeted behind him.

"Hello Martha looking lovely as always." Eleanor said hugging Martha. "Me? Look at you, you grew up into a beautiful young woman." Martha said and Eleanor smiled at her. His mother left before rushing to the dinner table to gather another plate. "Are-are you okay? I-I... rushed over here right after the message was said." Eleanor started, her eyes filled with concern. "Yeah don't worry I'm fine." Clark reassured her. "I've missed you Clark, my best friend." Eleanor said. 

"I've missed you too." Clark said hugging Eleanor and they stood there for a moment not wanting to let go of each other. "Eleanor! Are you hungry? Would you like to have dinner with us?" His mother asked. "I am pretty hungry. Thank you, Martha I would love to have dinner with you and Clark." She politely answered. "Clark... Are you going to turn yourself in? You don't even know this guy. How does he know you?" 

"He was Krypton's Military Leader. My father knew him. General Zod tried to save Krypton along with my father. His attempts though, was not the best and he was banned to the Phantom Zone." Clark explained. "Clark... I'm going to ask again, are you going to turn yourself in?" With a slow sigh, Clark shook his head, "I don't know, Eleanor. I don't know." 

A/N: 

Okay! General Zod is now introduced by the little message. As well as Clark finally returning home to his mother. So, I hope you guys liked it! Thank you guys for supporting this story! We're moving into the good stuff. So! Leave your thoughts below!