VIII. The Last Son of Krypton

Start from the beginning

"So I'm alone?" "No. You are a child of Earth now as well as Krypton. You adapted into the human race. You are living the life your mother and I dedicated our lives to." On the left, a pod slowly opened as it revealed a suit that was decorated in a dark shade of blue and a long, crimson like color of red cape that draped behind of it. The material on the suit was similar to the one his father's. On the center of the chest was a bonded S, it was also embroidered into the center.

"The people of Earth, they are different from us. In a way this could prove a positive result for they won't make the same mistake we did. If you guide them, Kal, give them hope. Every person can be a force for good, free to forge his own destiny." Revealing a similar S underneath his armor, Jor-El stated the true meaning of the S. "A symbol of hope. The house of El's symbol is hope."

**

Dressed in the suit Jor-El revealed to him, Clark stepped into the Arctic environment. He felt different, not entirely powerful in a suit - but it gave him an amount of confidence he needed for himself. Clark felt strong; ready to take on his new juggling, yet confusing point in his life. Whether to be Kal-El or Clark, the decision was unclear to him. "Why am I so different from them?"

"When you were sent here, we infused the genetic codex of our planet. It made you stronger. The atmosphere is this planet is nourishing for you. You grew so strong, Kal-El. Stronger than I could ever imagine. In order to see your strengths, you have to test your limits - go beyond what you think you can do." Ready to test his new found strengths and powers, Clark decided to fly - or learn how to fly, at least.

He leaped into the sky with full energy but only to stumble onto the snow the next minute. Finally, he leaped again into the sky; the energy and exhilaration filled Clark as he grinned. He felt free and full of energy before suddenly falling into the mountaintop. Slowly, he brushed off the last flight experience and decided to try one last time. He loved the feeling of flying, to feel free and away from his troubles and the world.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." With his father's words echoing in his head, Clark took his mind off the world, off the troubles and struggles he endured. Letting the cold energy circle him as his closed hand touched the ground.

Clark closed his eyes, gathering the energy, the force he would create, and leaped into the gray sky. The feeling was exhilarating as the wind blew against his strong, incredible force. It gave him a sense of hope.

**

Eleanor decided to visit her mother, Victoria. As she arrived in the plains of Kansas and the small cottage-like house, Eleanor took a deep breath. She knocked on the old wooden peach colored door - the one Eleanor walked in and out of for many years. Her mother walked out a huge smile spread across her face as she saw her daughter. "Oh my sweetheart, Eleanor." Victoria said hugging her daughter as Eleanor jumped into her arms.

"Hi mommy I came to surprise you

"Hi mommy I came to surprise you." Eleanor giggled while kissing her mother's cheek. "Well consider me surprised darling." Victoria said stroking her daughter's cheek. Eleanor looker back at her mother noticing a couple of wrinkles on her face, her long blonde hair covering up a couple of white hairs. "Let's go inside shall we." Victoria said and Eleanor nodded. The two sat down on the long couch talking about Eleanor's childhood and their family for quite a while.

Eleanor looked around and stood up walking to a shelf she recognized many pictures. Clark and Eleanor at their middle school graduation and their high school graduation as well as many other pictures of them. One particular picture caught her attention. It was a collage of pictures, of her and her father Liam together when Eleanor was a baby. Eleanor extended her arm and caressed the corner of the picture frame as a smile spread across her face and she fought back tears.

"You know that's his favorite picture, our wedding one comes in second on his list

"You know that's his favorite picture, our wedding one comes in second on his list." Victoria said putting her hands on her daughter's shoulders and smiling along with her. "It's my favorite too. Especially the one where I'm kissing him." Eleanor replied.

"He loved you ever since the moment I told him I was pregnant, he would talk to you and put his hand on my stomach when you kicked

"He loved you ever since the moment I told him I was pregnant, he would talk to you and put his hand on my stomach when you kicked. When you were born he became a different man, in a good way. You were and still are his happiness as well as mine." Victoria said cupping her daughter's face with her hands. "I wish he didn't have to go every time. I'm afraid that if he leaves one time he's not going to come back." Eleanor said quietly.

It had always been her fear, loosing her father ever since she was little. Liam being a Sergeant in the United States Army wasn't easy for his family. "I know pumpkin I'm afraid of loosing him too. It gets lonely here sometimes." Victoria replied. "Then come back and move in with me like old times." Eleanor said.

"That was when you were a teenager. You are a beautiful, young, grown woman. You don't need your mother anyone. Liam and I raised you well baby girl. You're the child we always dreamed of." Victoria said. A couple of tears slipped out of Eleanor's eyes as she hugged her mother.

A/N:

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the chapter. The next one will mostly include Clark and Julia but no they will not end up together, you'll see what will happen. Make sure to vote and add this story to your reading list for notifications of when I update. Until next time :)