Chapter 29- "Did you know hippo milk is pink?"

Start from the beginning

I roll my eyes at him. "Nathan, there will be no calming down. We've officially entered the world of magic now. I can't calm down here!!" I screech, a little too jumpily even for my own liking.

Nathan just shakes his head and pulls me towards the horror house, which has me confused. I mean, the guy's a wimp. He can't watch Paranormal Activity unless there are about three people in a metre's radius from where he's sat. I'm not different but at least I'm not dragging someone who is as scared of ghosts and the like as I am into a horror house.

Not even an ordinary horror house.

A horror house in Disneyland.

I'm not stepping in unless the goof has a very valid reason. I drag him to the side and look at him questioningly.

"Why the horror house, chicken-head?" I ask him warily.

"As Shakespeare once famously said 'Face thy fear'... Me, being the Shakespeare junkie I am, I'm just following his footsteps." Nathan replies.

"Okay, a couple of things wrong with what you just said; Firstly, you happen to despise Shakespeare. I'm the junkie; not you. The previous point makes me qualified enough to safely pronounce that he said nothing of this sort, which clearly proves you're lying. And lastly, you are the most laidback person I know; there's no way you'd be facing your fears even if your idol Justin Bieber asked you to. So, I ask you dear boyfriend, what's up?" I finish.

"Okay, you promised never to bring up that thing with Justin Bieber ever again! In my defence, he's an amazing singer okay?" Nathan counters, a tad aggressively.

I snigger at his comeback and he throws me a dirty look. I roll my eyes and glare at him. I put my hands on my hips and look him straight into the eye.

"If you're trying to scare me, it isn't working!" Nathan grins.

"Well, neither is your pathetic attempt at lying." I quip. Nathan squirms a little and starts to rub the back of his nape.

"Okay fine, geez, I'm telling! So, when I was a kid, my parents had gotten me here for a trip and forced me to face my fears by visiting the horror house about eleven times during our visit. As a result, I'm pretty immune to it all. Not that it's very scary; but I figured it would be a nice way to impress you. Also, I sort of hoped that you'd be scared and hold my hand or bury your face in my chest or something like that...!" he trails off.

"Ah, so it was all a bad boy front to get into my pants now, is it?" I try to joke; having no other idea whatsoever to reply to Nathan. The hammering of my heart isn't helping me either.

Nathan blushes a little, "Well, I know you won't be ready for that for another year or two, so I wouldn't go that far. And right now, I'm not either. Honestly though, I just wanted to impress you." Nathan answers.

I blush a little and pull him closer to me. Nathan understands what I'm trying to imply and leans in for a short kiss before looking around and confirming that Coach Brown is nowhere in sight. Our lips meet and I feel that familiar tingling sensation again. Nathan places his hand on the small of my back while I run mine through his hair.

A short while later, we pull back, not wanting to risk the Coach's wrath.

"If it helps, you've already charmed your way into my heart, Cullen." I croak.

"Figured as much, Woods." He smirks.

Nathan leans in for a quick peck when I hear someone cough. Fearing the worst, I swiftly push Nathan away and whip my head in the direction of the cough.

To my intense relief and severe embarrassment, it's Allie, Adrian and Lauren. All three of them are looking straight at me and smirking; knowing it'll only make me more awkward than I already am.