Agree to Disagree

Start from the beginning

"Marlena, it's okay." Sam grabbed her arms in an attempt to calm her down. She was attempting to get herself out of the restraints, but to no avail.

"Why the hell did they put me in these things?" she grumbled as she tried to generate just enough energy to release her from the annoying shackles. Her efforts were futile, as were her efforts to conjure up a mental connection with the three men in the van.

T'Challa glanced over his shoulder at her, "Because you are dangerous."

Marlena stopped in her tracks, looking up at T'Challa with a tilted head and narrowed eyes. "Dangerous? I'm far from being dangerous, your highness."

"We will agree to disagree, Miss Claire," T'Challa replied as he turned back around. "I believe it was among you and another who were responsible for the deaths in Nigeria; let us not forget the way you stopped multiple bullets back in Romania with a simple wave of your hand. There is no other word but dangerous to classify you as."

Marlena swallowed the growing lump in her throat at the mention of Lagos, but refrained from responding to him. Instead, she looked around the interior of the van, her hazel eyes searching for the one person she had spent the last month wanting to see.

"Where's Bucky?" she asked, her voice slightly strained.

Steve looked back at her. "He's in one of those heavily guarded trucks in front of us."

Marlena sat back in her seat, electing not to respond. She remained silent throughout the duration of the ride to the facility.

Minutes later they pulled onto the facility grounds, entering the building through an underground tunnel. The van the four sat in stopped, and before long the doors to the vehicle were being opened and they were being pulled out. Sam latched onto Marlena's arm, pulling her gently out of the van before any of the German police could do it roughly.

Marlena started after Steve the moment she was situated on the ground, but she stopped when she noticed Bucky. He was looking at her with sad eyes from his place inside his small imprisonment. She hated seeing him locked up and contained, just as he hated seeing her restricted inside an enormous pair of handcuffs. Marlena wanted nothing more than to see him free; she wanted nothing more than to take him back home with her so she could help him and hold him as she used to do. The situation they had gotten themselves into was not at all one they would have foreseen in the two years they had been together, but because of each other they were more than willing to fight their way out of it in order to have that sense of safety and comfort again.

Sam pulled Marlena forward with him, thus removing her from her silent exchange with Bucky. She nearly tripped over her shoes at the abruptness of Sam's actions, earning a chuckle from Sam himself. She simply glared at him and continued forward, her eyes stopping on Sharon standing next to an older man.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked as the four of them moved towards Sharon.

"Sam thing that ought to happen to you," the man spoke. "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

Marlena studied the man, wishing more than anything that she had her powers to give her some insight as to who he was. She didn't need to know his identity, however, to know that she didn't like him.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander," Sharon introduced him.

Steve glanced at her before looking at Everett. "What about a lawyer?"

"A lawyer," he chuckled. "That's funny. See to it that their weapons are placed in lockup."

Several officers moved passed the group, holding Marlena's, Sam's, and Steve's gear in their hands.