Twenty-Two - Fujoshi

a/n: ok so i was supposed to skip his reaction and move on to another school day but everyone's asking for it so here XD it's pretty short actually lol
i changed the cover as well! is it fine? ;v;

Also, does anyone wanna do an 'Ask the Character' thingy? You get to ask a character of your choice as long as they're in this story! I just thought it would be fun haha ^^;

___

For millionth time for the past sixteen years, she couldn't comprehend her brother. Maybe it was his normalcy, in terms of being not an otaku. But then again, she was aware that her brother's weirdness is in a league of its own, only it's seen as normal by most, but as the middle sibling in the Kise family, she knew better.

For the past hour since he got changed and plopped himself on the couch, the said person had his golden eyes on the volume of shounen ai manga she had left on the coffee table in the living room, the cover featuring two attractive illustrated boys in an otherwise awkward, borderline couple-like position. There was a small furrow in the middle of his eyebrows, his lips slightly apart. The usually energetic puppy-like Ryouta sat motionless for two episodes that was shown in the television, and she could tell that his mind was somewhere else.

If he didn't seem so absent-minded, she would've demanded him for the food he should be thanking her with. She could tell; she tried calling his name a few times to ask for a glass of water, but he never responded.

Once the ending theme song ended and the commercials started playing, she took her phone, pretended to press a few buttons, and looked directly at her brother. "Mashiro Yuki," she said.

The male blinked, and his attention was immediately on her face. "Eh? What about Yukicchi?" His eyes were wide and obviously interested on what his sister was about to say.               

She stared at him in interest, plopping herself to the spot on sofa beside him. With a mischievous smile, she nudged his side teasingly, at which he pouted. She laughed, making herself comfortable on the couch with legs crossed, expression obviously now attentive. "Well, what happened? Did you confess? Did you find a chance?" she asked. She might be the one who's less responsible and sisterly between the Kise sisters, but she is still her younger brother Ryouta's older sister. That, and she also wants to find more amusement in the weird and funny romantic situation her brother and her beloved underclassman were currently in. 

Ryouta's eyes widened for a little, then looked away, and again, she guessed that it's the volume of shounen ai manga she had left on the table. "Yukicchi told me a secret. That's it." 

And after that, he was silent, appearing to be troubled. Judging the way he frowned at the shounen ai volume, she could only guess that the cosplaying kouhai finally told someone outside the club about her little anime preference. "Heeeh," she said, nodding a little, "That she's a fujoshi?"

With her last word, the basketball team's ace visibly tensed up and turned his head to face her. His eyes were wide, his eyebrows were furrowed, and his lips were parted. He looked disappointed, which made on of her eyebrows quirk in inquiry. 

"You knew?!" He asked, advancing his torso toward her. Ah, was he going to ask her why she never mentioned anything about the girl's preference with romance stories and pairs? Why she never warned him about being too close to many guys since the fujoshi would most likely ship him with all the guys? She braced herself for the loud barrage of questions; she had forced Yuki to start reading shoujo manga, and she was pretty lenient with Yuki frequenting Ryouta's basketball practice. "You mean I'm not the only one she told me the secret to?! I'm not special after all?!"

Why am I trying to help this idiot again? She wanted to slap her forehead. Or slap his forehead with the strongest force she can muster.

"You're no special snowflake," she told him, exhausted. Once she noticed his imaginary dog ears droop, she groaned internally. "I bet you're the only one who's not a club member who knows, though. She probably trusts you a lot."

Those words were enough to make his imaginary dog tail wag like there's no tomorrow, the expression on his face turning child-likely cheerful in one second. She let out an internal, hopeless sigh. "Really?!" 

She nodded.

"I see!" he said, accompanied by a cheery chuckle... which died down a few seconds later. "I see..."

She crossed her arms, giving up on trying to comprehend the quick changes in her brother's attitude. Right now, she's sure that his swaying moods would beat the worst of hers when she's having her red days. "What's your problem now?"

He puffed his cheeks absentmindedly, his eyes on the ceiling as he leaned his head on the couch. "Does that mean she'd rather see me get with a guy?" 

Bingo. She resisted the urge to throw confetti out of nowhere and lift him up in the air as if he just won a basketball championship to congratulate his brain for finally processing how shounen ai was an obstacle to him wooing the girl of his affections. 

"Pretty much," she replied nonchalantly, which made him slump. "Doesn't mean she'd prefer that over being in a relationship with you," she added, once realizing that maybe his imaginary dog ears had reached the floor. Once she had also noticed those ears reaching the ceiling, she added, "Doesn't also mean that she considered that possibility."

"You're teasing me, onee-chan!" He pouted. She laughed, the sound of her laughter intentionally copying a certain anime character's "ohohohohoho" laugh, with the full intention to further tease her brother.

"You're mean!"

"Why, thank you. That's the best compliment I've received all day."

"Ryuumi-nee-chan!"

She laughed again, until he started groaning. He grabbed a pillow and wrapped his too-long limbs around it, pulling the pillow close, placing his chin on top of it. He pouted, staring back at the volume of shounen ai. She would have to hide that from their eldest sister and parents later, she reminded herself. 

"How am I supposed to make her fall for meee~?!" He buried his face into the pillow, rubbing his face on it from back and forth and gently stomping his feet on the couch. All she could see now was an over-sized kid.

She crossed her legs on the couch, staring at her helpless little brother. "Doesn't that only mean that you have to really, really, play on offense now?"

He peeked at her, his golden eyes blinking back tears of frustration. "I'd have to show more of my good points in basketball?"

All of her self-control snapped. She started hitting him with the nearest throw pillow, bellowing, "You idiot! Stupid! Idiot! Fool!" with every hit. The model made pained noises and, when the opening song of the night's scheduled anime started playing, the hitting and pained noises stopped. She settled, pouring her full concentration to the television screen and the glorious animation of the opening. 

"Ane?" Ryouta whimpered. 

She mindlessly covered his mouth with her hand to shut him up. "I'll feed you to a titan if you disturb me."

He nodded, and she took her hand away from his face. 

He was silent, until he murmured, "I'd have to be more aggressive and persistent, huh...?"

She pretended not to notice, a secret grin spreading on her lips.