Chapter 23 - Memory

Hey guys, sorry about the long wait but its hear at last. You'll either love me at the end or hate me. I'm not sure :)

PSC xxx

23 – Memory

I don’t remember much. Actually, after the first initial pangs of pain everything seems to blur into one excruciating memory.

Marie did, eventually, finish cutting my hair, and much to Mae’s disgust I looked ‘like a boy’.

“I don’t understand you,” she’d muttered walking into the kitchen as soon as Marie allowed her back in. Her and Blaze had been sent out so that I and Mitchell could talk. Of course Marie didn’t tell them that was the reason—she must have seen Blazes suspicion when he’d come in from playing football with the kids in the garden. Instead she told them to tidy up our “tent”.

*******

“I didn’t mean it like that,” Mitchell had said once the two had left.

“You didn’t? I must have missed the hidden meaning behind your words then.”

He rolled his eyes. “You’re a seventeen-year-old werewolf virgin—”

“Thanks for stating that loud enough for the whole house to hear.” From somewhere in the house I heard Blaze’s quiet laugh and frowned.

“Custom and your whole biological make up go against everything you believe in. Twelve years old, fourteen at the latest; that’s the normal age for a female wolf to have had sex by.”

“I don’t think you, who are quite clearly still single being that you have enough time to be lecturing me on this, have any right to be giving me a sex-ed class.”

“Well we both know you won’t have learnt it anywhere else.”

I glared at him. My education was hardly my fault. “That was a low blow.” Marie flicked my ear and turned my head straight.

“So was yours,” she scolded me. “And he has a girlfriend actually.”

“You sound so proud,” I muttered bitterly. “It must be nice to finally know that your son is definitely straight.”

She huffed in exasperation.

“Either way,” Mitchell continued ignoring my comment. “At this point in your life you’re about a horny as a single, middle aged woman—”

“Mitchell!”

He shrugged at him mums outrage though didn’t fail to notice my blush—blush! I never blushed. I’m pretty sure Blaze being sat in the next room had something to do with the coloring in my cheeks though.

“I’m just stating the facts,” he said.

“Visual facts,” I muttered. He smirked.

“So all things considered, yes; I do think that, whatever the boy’s thoughts were on witch’s rights, if he made a pass at you, especially at this point in the year, you’d sleep with him. It’s just my opinion.”

I flushed again, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes to block out his self-satisfied smirk as I muttered darkly, “If I weren’t afraid of your mum stabbing me with a pair of scissors right now I’d break your arm.”

“You wouldn’t be able to hobble fast enough to catch me.”

Blaze’s laugh found me again and for a small moment I felt a feeling bloom in my chest that wasn’t my own: amusement.

I shook it away.

“Still!” Marie demanded turning my face forward. “Or you’ll have wonky hair.”