Chapter 12 - Taunting Waters

Heya Guys!

So I just wanted to say sorry about the last chapter, I know it was really crap but I hope I can make it up to you with this one. It is a lot more action packed and although it is short I promise it should disapoint. Please forgive me for my last chapter, I've had a break though with the writes block thanks to a sugestion from someone. Whoever you are thanks x

Anyway, Ima let you read.

Please enjoy this.

thanks x

PSC

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 12 – Taunting Waters

“This,” Chad said, waving a small book in front of me. “Is a food diary.” I frowned at him and took it in the tip of my fingers as if it were poisons. I looked at it warily.

“A food diary?” He nodded as I flipped it open. The pages were blank. “And I use it to...” I trailed of trying to find out how this would ever help me fend off a rogue male or catch dinner.

“Record what you eat.” He said the words slowly, as if talking to a child. I observed him for a moment, noting not for the first time that he was taller than me. His blonde hair was still too short to suite him and his black eyes seemed to peer into my soul. Almost as if he was a witch, searching me.

I’d been with Taylors pack for almost two weeks. The first I’d spent all but chained to the bed until Chad deemed I was healthy enough to get up, despite me telling him that if I could do the impossible I was sure I could walk about. Over that time he might as well have been ramming food down my throat. Every time I gave half to a significantly bored Charlie he would flip out and I would ignore him. I think I ate more in that week than I normally eat in two. That of coarse left me feeling sluggish, ill and blotted in the second. Despite the fact that I had been given a degree of my freedom back, I wasn’t in any mood to be running around. With each passing day I was becoming more and more worried as to when the black wolf would turn up and eliminate this defenceless pack. And so I spent most of my days hidden in the room that had been provided for me, curled up in a corner with Charlie by my side. I just couldn’t shake the feeling of dread at having to watch them all burn to the ground. It was inevitable.  But Taylor – being Taylor – didn’t believe me, and so today after my normal morning check over from Chad I was dragged into the living room and told I wasn’t being unsociable today. Don’t get me wrong, I'm afraid of nothing... accept that black wolf.

“And I need to record what I eat so...” I trailed off again so he could finish.

“It is either this or we can go back to me sitting with you through three meals a day.” I grimaced but managed to roll my eyes. Chad really did make it sound like I starved myself sometimes. He just didn’t seem to understand that having your food served on a plate gave you no thrill. What had I accomplished by eating something that was given to me? Nothing; accept maybe the deluded idea that life was always this easy. I personally preferred the excitement of the hunt.

“Fine,” I huffed. “This really isn’t necessary.” He ignored my comment and handed me a pen.

“You will write down everything you eat and I’ll check it every other day.” I didn’t answerer. “Cassie?” His voice dared me to protest and I almost did; but the thought of having him on babysitting duty again was enough to put that thought out of my mind. So instead I settled for the tried and tested,

“I’ll think about it.” He took that as a yes.

After that I was allowed to do what I like; apart from sit in my room. I did point out that the last thing I wanted was to hanging out with twenty teenage males but all I received was an eye-roll. When I also pointed out that there was a certain Beta who seemed pretty set on disliking me I was told not to worry, that he was gone for awhile and then was lead outside. And that's how I found myself staring longingly at the woods, just itching to escape. Don’t get me wrong, I have thought about escape. But the look Taylor keeps sending me says that I should let them think I've settled in first. So that's what I'm doing.