The four of us were laughing amongst ourselves until the devil herself came walking over to our table with her cronies. She stopped in front of us.

"So, Skye." She chirped.

"McKenzie."

"I hear you signed up for the talent show."

"Well, you heard right."

"This is your chance to back out." She chuckled, "We already know who's gonna come out on top."

"Enlighten me." I rolled my eyes.

She slammed her hands on the table, "Bail out. You know whose game this is."

The cafeteria grew quiet and I could feel everyone looking at us. I stood up, "Not a chance, Simmons. I have my name down for a reason. So, we'll see who comes home with the trophy."

"Yes. We will." She smirked, "It's gonna be me."

She and her friends laughed. I caught a glimpse of Sean and wasn't trying to laugh, but he had to keep up with his current charade.

"Yeah, keep laughing McKenzie. We all know it's a mask—at least my friends and I do. You just don't wanna admit that there's a high chance you'll lose."

She crossed her arms and stepped closer to me, "Wanna bet?"

I mimicked her, "Name it."

"If I win..." She scanned my neck, "You give me that guitar pick."

My hand immediately went for the sacred guitar pick my dad had given me.

She smirked, "Unless you're too scared."

"Skye." Fabien muttered behind me.

"And if you lose?" I eyed her.

"Which is rare." She chuckled, "But if that happens, I'll do your homework."

I laughed in her face, "Uhm, I'd rather not fail my classes."

She glared at me, "Then, I'll wash your car for a month."

"Uhm, no. I don't want your fingerprints on my car."

"Then, what do you want?"

"I want you to leave us alone, that's what I fucking want."

"This is your chance to get something decent from me."

"No thanks."

"Wait! Kenzy don't forget about me!" Claire said behind her.

Yeah, the two made up and they're back to being friends again. Which is really annoying because they're just twice as frustrating.

"Oh yeah." McKenzie snapped then looked at me "Okay fine. I win, you give me that guitar pick. You lose, you keep it. But for my bestie..." She turned around and winked at Claire, "If I win, you need to hook Claire up with one of your friends."

I glared at her, "...which one...?"

"The drummer."

Connor.

My heart dropped.

She extended her hand, "Deal?"

I hesitated a little when Fabien yelled, "Skye!"

I turned around before shaking her hand, "What?"

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Don't worry," I assured him, "I know what I'm doing." I turned to face her and shook her hand, "Bring it."