Chap. 9

:)

The rest of the day people continuously came up to me and Sarah asking if they could come, or that they're excited. It almost blew our cover. There were some people who I firmly believed didn't know what a surprise party meant.

I was at my locker at the end of the day, when Sarah met up with me, "So, here's the plan for tomorrow." She stated.

"Plan... paintballing, then party. Right?"

"Yeah, but I found some things that might complicate it a little."

"Like?"

"Tomorrow, Lolo will meet at my house before we go paintballing. While you get your present for him, drop it off at the hotel with everything else that you need. That way he won't suspect a thing." She explained.

"Okay." I shrugged.

We walked out of the building, when we saw the boys at the car. Lolo jumped up and down like a little girl when we walked up, "Hey, you guys ready for tomorrow?"

"Oh, you guys told him abo—"

I interrupted Fabien just in time, "About the paintballing, yes."

He looked at me confused for a minute until he got the gist. Lolo jumped, "You should come!"

"Nah. I can't. I got stuff to do." Fabien confessed.

"Stuff, it's a Saturday."

"Doesn't mean anything to Aunt Joce and Uncle Vic." He shrugged.

"Damn, bummer."

In reality, Fabien managed to get some of his friends that he's made around here—I know, I was shocked too that he has friends his own age—to agree to help set up the party tomorrow, while Sarah and I distracted Lolo. They agreed wholeheartedly.

It's gonna be a long day tomorrow.

"What are you guys up to now?" Lolo averted his eyes between the two of us.

"I got to run some errands before I get home." I answered.

"Oh," He nodded, "Alright, I guess we'll see you tomorrow." He flashed a smile.

Fabien and I got in my car, while the two got out of the way for my car to back out of the lot. Before I started my engine, I reached into my glove compartment, and took out the next fifty bucks for the payment for the present.

"So that's what you meant about 'errands'." Fabien realized as he saw the money.

"Yep. Gotta make the next payment."

"Let's go then." Fabien said, buckling his seatbelt.

///

We arrived at the shop and I quickly hopped out of the car, "I'll just take like five minutes. I'm not planning on staying long."

I went through the doors and met up with Dean behind the counter while Kat was helping a customer out.

Wow.

There's someone else in here besides me.

"Hey Skye." He greeted.

"Hey Dean. I got another fifty for ya." I gave him the cash and he rung it up.

"Alright then, fifty more to go." He smiled.

"Thanks, I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said as I ran out of the exit.