Chap. 5

Wooooo!! 2100+ reads!! :)

Two days after what happened with Fabien and I've been trying to be more attentive to him. After all the drama that happened, the campus became a little brighter. My brother had a point in what he said about this school—this community.

Fabien was smiling more and people just continued doing their own thing.

After Fabien confessed his secret, the music's been flooding the house and campus. I even put a small speaker deck in my locker so I can play music during breaks while I got stuff from my locker.

I was with Lolo at my locker and we were listening to a variety of music coming from his iPod when Sarah came running.

"Did you see it?!" She exclaimed.

"Happy Friday to you too." Lolo chuckled kissing her cheek.

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to what Sarah was excited about, "See what?"

"The talent show sign-up sheet!" She jumped.

"No." I answered, while Lolo answered, "Yes" at the same time.

"Where is it?" I asked.

"The door of the auditorium." She answered.

"Did you sign up already?"

She nodded, "Yeah, I wanna play a piece."

"Why don't you join, Skye?" Lolo elbowed me.

I shook my head.

"Aww, c'mon. Why not?" Sarah whined.

"I dunno." I shrugged, "I just don't want to."

"C'mon, Skye. Everyone already knows you play. Think of the show as your debut." Lolo grinned.

"Uhm..."

"She's in denial." Sarah smirked.

"This only means one thing." Lolo slammed his locker shut, "Bye!" Then he ran straight for the auditorium.

"LOLO." I yelled after him. I chased him but I was only catching glimpses of his backpack.

I kept running but then a crowd of students got the better of me.

Dammit.

Lolo disappeared.

Once the crowd moved out of my way and finally caught up with him, he already slipped my name into the drop box.

"Too late." He laughed.

"Alright then. You wanna play like that. I see how it is." I took a sheet and signed his name, "Now we're even." I dropped it in.

Although, he said that he was gonna join anyway...

Never mind.

"Looks like we're all competing in the show now." Sarah laughed as she caught up with us, "May the best man..."

"Or woman..." I laughed.

"...win."

"Don't you ladies worry..." Lolo popped his collar, "I will." He strutted away leaving me and Sarah laughing at his cockiness.

///

"The talent show?" Fabien gaped.

"Yeah. This guy dropped my name in." I shook my head at Lolo who was munching on a carrot.

"Oh c'mon. You'll thank me one day." He laughed.

"Or kill you." Sarah took a celery stick from his tray.