Chapter 37

"Yes I know, but..." Devilin stops talking as he sighs and holds the hand that wraps around him from behind.

He turns around to peck on her forehead before focusing on the call he was making while Raine kisses his back and closes her eyes.

"Okay, we will talk about it later...no I cannot just come by, what do you mean by why? I am recently mated; I cannot just leave when I know she will be in heat...

I will keep my phone on just call me if you need me, but I cannot promise my physical presence," Devilin laughs as he disconnects the line.

"Was it necessary to tell the whole world that we are mated?" Raine asks as she stands in front of him.

"I don't have to, why do you think everyone is calling. They know we are mated so now where was I when the call interrupted us?" he asks pulling the white sheet off her body.

"Hmm, let me think and get back to you" she pretends to think before giggling as he picks her up and throws her over his shoulder before walking towards the bedroom.

*******

"When do we have to leave?" Raine asks as she opens her mouth to bite the fruit Devilin offers her.

"When you want to"

"In that case I don't want to"

"Then we will not" he smiles as he licks the juice that slips out from the corner of her mouth.

"Ah, but we have to"

"Why?"

"I need to find Erika, she has gone missing on the way to our pack," Raine groans as she remembers it.

"Don't worry, they found her"

"What, when, where and why are you telling me this?" Raine asks at once as she sits on the bed.

"Yes, she called Enzo to tell about her whereabouts and she is in a hospital as to why I did not tell you sooner well if you remember correctly we were kind of busy doing very important things" he grins as he pulls her naked body close to him.

"Mate, stop jumping at once because I get tempted far too soon"

"Devil focus and why is she in a hospital? Was she in some accident?"

"It seems Erika accidentally found Warren's body"

"Oh" she stares at her hands sadly.

"He was unconscious and on the verge of dying but our brave aunt Erika always the savior took him to the HP and mended him, now he is healing properly" Devilin announces as he holds his mate's chin and smiles.

"You mean..."

"Warren is alive, the real one, who is your uncle and your father's best friend who will never betray your family no matter the cause" Devilin states the words softly for her as her tears flow freely from her eyes.

"Thank you" Raine cries in relief, as she did not want to believe that Warren was the one who attacked her parents.

*******

"What?" Raine whispers as her mate just keeps staring at her face, Devilin just shakes his head before kissing all over her face.

"Stop it"

"Nope"

"You are so..."

"Sexy, I know," he states making her laugh.

"I like this side of you" Raine giggles wiggling her body as she rubs herself all over him.

"Just this side huh? What about this one?" Devilin asks as he stands butt naked on the bed and poses for her making her laugh loudly at his stupidity.