My Handy Tool

[Maya's POV]

        I woke up on the floor with broken glass everywhere. He probably wanted to make sure I was out. It was about 5:30 in the morning and went to my room. I decided to fix my hair and go to Riley's house. I went over and put on the little bit of makeup I had left over so that I could use the other stuff. I walked over without getting caught and she invited me in.

       "I know you're mad at me-" I tried to say but she interrupted me.

       "I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself for not realizing soon enough that you had feelings for him." She said.

       "Oh, so does that mean were good?"

       "Yeah"

       "Ok. Well then my job here is done! Bye!"

       "Bye, Peaches!"

       And with that, I walked out and went to the park. That's where I spent the rest of the day just looking up at the sky or going on my phone texting nobody. Then, I finally got a text from mom.

Mom: Hey! I'm not going to be home by morning again. I'm really sorry. Now that Jake is home, I have to work overtime so we can keep the house. I'm sorry.

Me: You don't have to be sorry but promise me you will come back. I don't want anyone else leaving me.

Mom: I promise. I love you.

Me: I love you too!

       I walked home and took a shower. Luckily Jake didn't catch me or else I would've been whipped or even worse. After I finished combing my hair, I walked outside to throw away the garbage and saw him standing there, waiting for me.

       "I realized how popular you are and I wanted to change that." He whipped me outside for the whole world to see. I screamed in pain. After a few more hits, he pushed me into the house.

       This was the night I cried myself to sleep.

       I woke up and realized my makeup bags were in mom's car. To make it even worse, I HAVE A HUGE BRIUSE ON MY FACE!!!!!! I decided to wear a hoodie and a pair of black jeans and my black combat boots.

       I was running late so I figured Riley had already gone to school. As I walk into the hell that teachers call school, it was dead quiet. I got to my locker and found a bunch of notes fall out. Some of them said:

       "Slut."

       "Whore."

       "You don't deserve to live!"

       "No wonder why you wear so much makeup. To cover up your ugly face."

       "I heard you slept with Lucas. Like he's ever going to like you."

       "Why don't you just kill yourself already?"

       "Is that a slut I see? Oh wait it's just you."

       "And I thought the kids in Africa had it bad."

       "If you think people will feel bad for you well you're wrong!"

       I ran out of the school crying. Until I bumped into Lucas.

       "Hey!" He said with a smile until he noticed tears falling from my face, "Are you ok?"

       "Yeah I'm fine." I said trying to keep him from seeing my face. Even though I wanted him to comfort me and tell me it was going to be okay, I knew it wasn't. He's also Riley's. I knew he was going to over react and I didn't want that, especially in front of the school.

       "I wanted to tell you that I chose-" I cut him off not wanting to know his answer. It would hurt too much coming out of his mouth.

       "Riley. Right?"

       "I actually chose-" I cut him off again.

       "I'm going on a date with Josh tonight." I lied

       "Oh." He said with a slight frown on his face.

       "Yeah."

       We stood there until the back of my neck started to hurt so I looked up "Holy shit, Maya! What happened to your eye?"

       "Nothing! just leave me alone!" I yelled at him.

       And with that I left him there. I ran the rest of the way to my house to see him chasing me.

       "I told you to leave me alone!" hopefully Jake didn't here me.

       "Do you think that I would listen to you? I care about you!"

       "You chose Riley."

       "No, you chose Riley! I chose you but you said that you have a date."

       "I don't really have a date."

       "Oh, in that case, I chose you."

       "Oh, really? I didn't notice!" I said sarcastically

       "Yeah, whatever."

       "But what about Riley. I still want to you chose Riley so she's happy. You would never be happy with me anyways."

       "If I wasn't happy with you would I even be here."

       "Good point."

       "Now let's go back to school."

       "I actually want to stay home today I'm not feeling well." I lied, again."

       "I know you're perfectly fine because you wouldn't have been able to run all the way over here. But you have a black eye so might as well let you stay."

       "Thank you." I kissed his cheek.

       He stopped halfway to the street and turned around "May I ask you why you have a black eye?"

       "My step dad happened." He walked towards me.

       "What does that mean?" As soon as he said that, Jake stepped out of the door drunk as ever

       "Hey, Whore! Aren't you supposed to be at school?" Jake asked.

       "Yes but-" Before I could finish my sentence, he took one sloppy swing at my face. Luckily, Lucas saw it coming and grabbed his arm.

       "I don't know who you think you are, but you have no right to do that to her!" Lucas angrily said.

       "You don't know what you're getting into, do you?" Jake barked back.

       "Lucas, stop." I pleaded.

       "No he tried to hurt you I'm no-" Cutting him off, Jake swung his other arm at Lucas' stomach and he fell to the floor.

       "STOP" I yelled as Lucas started to punch Jake senselessly.

       I pushed Lucas away and took him to his house.

       He had a bruise on his side from falling on the ground. So I took an ice pack from his frezzer, wrapped it in a paper towel and gave it to him.

       "You are staying here." I said.

       "And you're staying here with me." He said.

       "No, I'm not."

       "Please! I need someone to take care of me." As stupid as he sounded I wanted to stay but I couldn't. But I also knew that he wouldn't let me go despite my wishes.

       "Fine." I finally said.

       "Yay!"

       "I'll be right back."

       "Where are you going?" he asked in his baby voice.

       "The restroom."

I got to his restroom and pulled out a special tool I would bring with me everywhere just in case. I took out the spare blade from my razor. One cut then two then three.