I Got A Date!!

[Maya's POV]
School. What did I ever do to deserve this kind of torture. I don't understand why I need to learn. I mean I've only gotten C's and/or D's ever since 3rd grade. Ever since Jake and Karmen became my foster parents. Ever since I started getting abused.
"Maya, are you ok?" A familiar voice said.
"Huh?" I just realized I was zoning out "Oh yeah. I'm ok."
"Ok, just making sure"
"Hey, Lucas" Riley said.
"Oh, um.... hey, Riley"
What is up with him. Doesn't he like her?!?!
"Hey Maya, remember the surprise I was texting you about."
"Yeah, but didn't you already give me the surprise? Wasn't it a date with Josh?"
"YOU'RE GOING ON A DATE WITH (uncle) JOSH?!" Riley and Lucas said in unison. Why did they seem so surprised? Wasn't it Riley's idea so set us up? Why did Lucas seem so sad? Does he like me or something? No that's impossible. Is it? God, I have so many questions.

[Flashback]

         I got to Riley's, see the one and only Joshua Matthews. So that was her surprise. She probably still thinks I have a huge crush on him that I've had since 7th grade. Sad thing is I got over him a long time ago.
"Hey Maya!"
"Josh."
"You don't seem very happy to see me."
"Well, weren't you the one who rejected me with your 3 years younger excuse?"
"Um... yeah but I want that to change."
"I'm sorry, what? Is Riley making you do this?"
"What! No! I actually want to go out with you. Maybe to the movies or to grab some coffee or even to the beach for all I care. I just want to be with you."
Oh my god. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I still like him. Who am I kidding? Of course I still like him!!!!! But what about Lucas? Maya I could get over him on this date.
Riley walked into her living room interrupting us "Peaches!"
After a few seconds of processing what happened I caught myself staring at him in shock. I immediately replied, "Riles! Ready to go?"
"Yah just lemme say good by to my parents."
"Ok." I've always been jealous of her family. Jealous about how much they love each other. Knowing that I'll never had that. Hopefully she catch my frown.
"Bye mom, bye dad!"
       That was my cue. "I'd love to go on a date with you, Josh!"
       "Perfect" he said happily "I'll pick you up at 7."
       "No need to do that I'll meet you at... Starbucks." I didn't want Jake to see him and hurt him. Also I didn't want him to see my house.
       "Are you sure. I can easily pick you up?"
       "I'm sure you can... but I want to walk there."
        "Ok then, whatever you want." He smiled at me and I smiled back.
"Bye honey, have a nice day!" Riley's parents replied in unison.
"Ok, let's go!" She said.
[Flashback over]

       "Oh he wasn't lying?"
       "About what?" Riley responded.
       "About saying that you didn't put him up to this."
       "Of course I didn't! It's weird seeing my best friend go out with my uncle!"
       "On the bright side I'd be your aunt!"
       "Eww, gross, no!!"
       "I was just kidding, calm down."
       "Ok, good. Cause I don't want you to be my aunt."
       "Hey, hee haw, you ok there. Your mouth has been open the whole time!"
       "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. But why did you say yes? I mean didn't you have a choice?" He said getting louder and louder after every word.
       "Um... Maybe because I like him. Why do you care so much anyways? It's not like you like me."
       "What? No! I don't like you I just wanted to know." Well that hurt a little. "No I like you just not like that. Your an amazing friend and all but I would never want to date you." That hurt even more! I can't believe I ever thought he would like me!
       "Oh, ok."
       "Ladies!" And there's Farkle.
       "Farkle." Riley and I replied. We've always done that. Doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing. It's like tradition. No more like a habit.
       "Maya has a date with Josh!!!" Riley said with her big mouth.
       "RILEY!?" I said angrily.
       "It's ok Maya, I'm happy for you!" Farkle immediately said. Though I could see the sadness in his eyes.
       "Oh, ok. Thanks Farkle." Was all I could get out. I didn't want to hurt the little guy. Seeing people as sad and depressed as me really hurts.
       "No problem" he replied with a fake smile.
       After a few moments of silence I finally decided to say something. Something I never thought I would ever say. "We should get to class."
       "Since when does the Maya Hart, want to go to class?" Farkle said. I could tell they were all as shocked as me.
       I giggled at what he said and managed to say "come on let's just go."