{1}

It all began the day I moved out of my dormitory and into my new apartment miles away from my home town.

I decided to dabble in the world of teaching in a foreign country, and thanks to my basic level of Japanese, I found myself in Kyoto, Japan.

I've never lived in Asia before, or actually visited the continent since my mother forbid it. I was of those kids born out of wedlock, to two people of opposite cultures.

My dad was Japanese, and I had not seen him since he left my mom and I to get an arranged marriage to some Japanese business woman. We lost all contact with him, and my mom practically raised me on her own.

But here I was, in the middle of Japan, against my mother's word of course and ready to begin my new life as an adult.

Whatever being adult entailed.

I unpacked my bags and managed to get my apartment into a pretty good shape before sinking to the comfort of my couch and pulled out my laptop.

I had to admit the WiFi was the greatest benefit Japan had offered me upon my arrival. I could stream movies, download content within seconds, and frankly, I didn't think I was leaving the house anytime soon.

I managed to get through most of my series and decided to log into Skype, seeing as the time difference would mean my friends would be online.

A few of them were on away or busy, and I didn't feel like bothering them. Normally I would be the first to call, but I figured i'd just lurk online until someone decided to check on me.

Finally I heard the Skype tone go off and quickly switching to the Skype window, I was confused as to who exactly was calling me.

"KwonHyuk92" I murmured, not recognising the ID or the profile picture.

I decided to send this person a text, just in case they were probably looking for someone I knew instead.

'hi, I think you have the wrong Skype ID I don't seem to recognise your contact
- (y/n)1993

'stop fooling around (y/n) answer the call'
-KwonHyuk92

'seriously dude you have the wrong ID'
-(y/n)1993

'look I have a lot of work to do, can you just pick up my damn call!'
-KwonHyuk92

I groaned at how stubborn this person was acting, and switched on my webcam just to get this confusion over and done with.

The video feed loaded and at that moment I really wished I looked a bit more presentable, because an incredibly handsome man was staring back at me.

"Ohh" he mumbled, his eyes zoning in and studying my face, "this is quite embarrassing."

"Well you didn't want to believe me so I had to show your stubborn ass" I said, rolling my eyes.

The stranger chuckled lightly and sunk into his chair, still staring at me with curious eyes.

"Look, you just happened to have the same name as my security service contact" he smiled, I couldn't help but blush at how beautiful his face was.

"Security service? What are you a drug dealer or something?"

This earned another chuckle from him and he ran his fingers through his thick dark hair completely unphased by this peculiar meeting.

"I'm actually an artist, active in South Korea I go by the name of Dean" he grinned, probably waiting for me to freak out or something.

But things like that never interested me. I loved music incredibly, but fangirling over another human being just wasn't my cup of tea.

"Well Singer Dean, I'm (y/n) and not your security service contact I'm actually an English tutor in Japan" I replied humorously holding my hand out.

"Nice to meet you (y/n) the English tutor in Japan" he replied, holding his hand out to the screen, "it's a pleasure to have met you in this twisted turn of events."

"Right back at ya, well good luck with finding your security I'm going to bed" I waved, searching for the end call button.
"Wait!" he exclaimed, "uh can I uhm, save your contact? Maybe we could chat again, this was nice."

I didn't see any harm in adding a random singer from Korea, and honestly he was my source of entertainment for tonight.

"Sure thing Dean" I smiled, cutting the call.