New Job & New Experiences

(PLEASE READ: This fan fiction was created in 2017. I am updating it now in 2023 with structural changes, better pacing, and grammar fixes to enhance the reader's pleasure. Honestly, it'll likely be a totally different chapter than how it was originally I will specify any chapters that have been edited. I know this thing escalated super fast 💀 I don't know what I was thinking at that time)
—————————————————————————

     You had applied for a normal office job, 9 to 5, sitting at a computer following directions. Pretty simple. The day came to speak to your (hopefully) new boss, figure out all the ropes, discuss the pay, and see if this would be the place for you to work at, that sort of thing.

      When you arive, you sit and wait a few minutes, nervously. He walks out a bit, peeking half of his figure out from behind the door, and looks at you,"Come in Y/N." He says with a ferm but oddly sexy tone of voice. Now you're hoping to really get hired, the pay is good and with this hunk of a man as your manager? Even better.

       Your shivering thinking about whether he will hire you or not. You walk in, hands getting clammy. "Well I won't really test you on anything, I'll see how you do over time. It's really not a job where you need much taught, you'd be starting as the secretary. Just greet people as they walk in, answer calls, fax me documents. Sounds simple right?" He questioned. "Yes sir, it does," you respond.

        "Well you can staaaart...Monday, it'll be a fresh week to begin for you. As for pay, because I'm sure that's what you're really waiting for right?" He raised an eyebrow and gave a sly smirk. He was being a little playful which was good, I hate stuck up, bossy, managers.

      "Well I would definitely appreciate speaking about the pay, yes sir," you respond anxiously.

     "Hm well the starting pay is $20. I looked over your resume and you did have a very impressive and extensive line of experience in this sort of thing. How much were you think? Don't be shy, here we can pay you what you feel you deserve or need." He smiled warmly, it put my beating heart at ease. Either that or he just made it beat faster for a different reason.

     You really didn't want to seem greedy and ask for a lot, but he did say I could get paid what I felt I deserved or needed.

     You inhaled sharply, "well sir, based on my past experience as listed on my resume, as well as my references which I had listed, I was thinking that 27 would be okay to start?" He seemed to be lost in thought for a moment, intertwining his fingers and resting his chin on them. Shoot, did you ask for too much?

   "Okay." Your eyebrows rose in surprise, so much so maybe even he noticed your reaction. "That seems fitting based on your experience and experience alone," he said with a smile. "Well that settles that then, on Monday you'll be overseen and guided by a fellow secretary. I'm our demeanor today was very nice, as well as your body language. I'm sure you'll do just fine here." You exhaled in relief, it was almost over.

       "Ah, I almost forgot. The uniform. Here you, it's dry cleaned and ready to use." He handed you a uniform wrapped in a lovely sheet of of packaging paper, with prints of the company logo all over it.

     "Thank you, sir," you responded sweetly. His hand lightly brushed against your own as you grabbed it, making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.  You weren't sure if you saw something in his eyes flash for but a moment, or if that's just what you wished.

     "Alright we'll, let's take care of the paperwork now shall we? Then I'll send you home." You filled out documents and your work contract. After not so long, you were up and out of there, bidding your new boss farewell with a soft smile, and he did the same.