Chapter 21

"Well, you do know what they say about the past... it always finds a way to haunt you since It never stays in the past ".

"Yes they do say that don't they?" he said trying to make light of the situation which he knew was anything but.

"Theo, you owe me a big explanation so please do us both a favor and put me out of my misery, just tell me what's going on?" I begged brokenly.

He was frustrated that much was crystal clear and it was taking a lot for him to even look at me.

"Sophia I shouldn't be telling you this it's for your own safety believe me" he urged me to understand. 

"If you aren't willing to respect me enough to tell me what's going on then I am leaving and I am leaving for good. I refuse to be with someone I don't know" I made sure he knew that I was not going to change my mind.

He was silent for a few moments debating what and how to tell me. Taking a deep breath he started

"Sophia, I am in the Hellenic" he stated simply. 

Blinking once, twice and a few more times willing him to elaborate since he was still just looking at me without adding anything I started.

"Soooo is this some mafia or mob situation that you are in?" I asked what any normal human would conclude from someone declaiming they were in a cult that has "Hell" in its name.

He stared at me baffled by my question. The look on his face was as if I had just told him the most outrageous thing in existence. Then he laughed!

He actually laughed!

Okay so this must be something worse. God help me.

"W-why a-are you laughing?" I stuttered confused and frightened.

After gathering his breath still chuckling softly he pulled me into his arms. I pushed him away and he reluctantly allowed me to step away from his arms.

"Sophia, I am a Commander in the Hellenic Navy which is the Greece Navy" he said slowly as if talking to a four year old child making sure I understood what he was saying.

"Ohhhh..." that was the only thing that could escape my mortified and blushing self to which he smiled wickedly.

"Believe me sweetheart I am not on the wrong side of the law. As a matter of fact the reason I am here is due to a mission that was abandoned some time ago and now I 'm forced to complete it" he didn't add anything to it.

"By that I assume you can't share any details with me Commander?" I stated the obvious.

"Does that bother you?" He asked anxiously.

Did it bother me?

"No, as strange as it may sound but it really doesn't bother me as long as you promise to be careful". He lifted my face towards him and placed a sweet long kiss on my lips.

"I promise".

"So you are not just a businessman? You are...." I prompted him to continue.

"Yes I am a commander as well but that hopefully doesn't change anything between us?"

"I don't know, you tell me. I mean you are the one who wanted nothing to do with me and wanted out of whatever we had" hurtfully I told him how I felt.

"In my defense I'll only say that At the time I thought it best for you to stay away from me"

"And now?" I asked.

"And now I am not so sure".

********************

"Are you f*cking serious?" Sophia swore and sat up straight after I told her that she would have to go back.

"Seriously, this is what you say after, after, you know What I mean" She was furious that much was pretty clear.

"You know what Theodore, Commander, or whatever; you all men are the same. You just use us play with our emotions and just discard us as some nuisance.

Confirmed she was indeed very mad.

"Is it safe to talk?" I tried to make a joke but the look she threw my way made it clear she found nothing funny about it.

Okay... point taken.

"I just said you had to leave here no me!" She was still looking at me skeptically.

"Soph I need you to leave because I'm working here and you being here is not only against the rules of my mission but very dangerous for you. All I wanted from you is to go back and wait for me at my house" her eyes lit up but she was still playing hard to get.

"Oh so Now you want to see how we would work out together?" She accused poisonously.

"No, not Now. I knew that we would have to work it out between us the moment we had sex yesterday" I pulled her into my lap making her gasp

"because even if you are ready to walk away I am Not".

***************

"Someone looks very happy" Diana noticed as I was packing my things.

"Well yes I am" I continued to pack and I was not going to let anyone bring me down from the high cloud that I was floating on.

"You know I'm happy for you both but you should be really careful. His life is constantly in danger. You should know that" She warned.

Turning to face her I knew what she was trying to do. She wanted to scare me off of him and to have him all to herself, thus pretending to be a friend just looking out for me. Yeah right!

Coming real close to her standing face to face with her "I do know that and I also know that I am going to do everything in my power to make this work between us" show no fear I kept saying in my head making a stand to show her I am not backing away from Theo no matter what.

After a few tense moments between us she smiled

"Well then good luck to both of you" with that we had an unspoken truce where she knew that Theo was mine and I was ready to fight even dirty for him.