Chapter 46: Now or Never

I get up to put clothes on, my face bright red the whole time knowing Chris is watching me.

" Faith sit down. "

" But I have to get dressed to- "

" Please sit down. "

I sigh but do as told and he comes over to me and bites his wrist drizzling his blood over my bruises.

" Chris it annoys me when you hurt yourself to heal me. "

I admit.

" I have told you it's only a pinch of pain, plus I would rather break my arm then have marks on you from another man. "

He tells me in a serious tone.

" Chris? "

I ask almost in a whisper.

" Yeah? "

" Are you going to leave me again? "

I ask him looking at the ground. I hear him sigh.

" Faith look at me. "

I slowly look up.

" I know that ever since we found out you're my beloved things have been.......... complicated but I'm done running. I could never even attempt to reject you so might as well accept it. "

He says giving me a small smile.

" Promise? "

I ask teary eyed.

" I promise. "

He heals all my bruises and I get dressed then we go into the living room. I walk the walk of shame over to the empty couch as Chris walks unashamed behind me.

" So tell us about this message. Do you know who left it? "

My mom ask us.

" We're not sure but the blood smells familiar it has to be someone we know."

Chris says.

" Faith do you know anyone who might want to hurt you? "

" I.....I had a dream before that message was left. In my dream I couldn't see the man but there was some man that kept repeating
" you are mine! " over and over again. "

I say getting scared by the thought. Chris seems to notice and he scoots closer to me putting his arm around me to comfort me ignoring everyone's glare.

" There was also a old lady in the dream she said she had been protecting me but her powers are weak now and that she can't anymore. She said
" The boy is the key! " but she was cut off by the man before she could tell me what to do. "

" Sounds like witch craft. The man who wants you is either a witch or working with one. Only witches can interfere with dreams. "

" Vanessa is a witch. "

I say looking at my brother.

" She wouldn't do this. She may be crazy but she's not this crazy. "

" Witches are known for their selfish and wicked behavior. So we don't tend to socialize with them. "

My mom says and I look at Chris.

" Do you know any witches? "

" No I think the same as your mom their basically the definition of wicked."

" I think we need to tell her. "

My dad says suddenly and my mom sighs nodding her head.

" I guess it's now or never. "