chapter 10

Chapter 10

“Baby, what’s wrong” Dylan asked in a concerned tone. I realized that tears were streaming down my face, “it’s the movie” I replied. “Do you want to turn it off” Dylan asked me. I shook my head, “I just need a cuddle” I asked 

“Come here then.” I scooted over to Dylan so I was snuggled into his chest listening to his steady heart beat, he pulled me closer so I was sitting on his lap. I could only hear muffled voices as Dylan whispered soothing thing into my ear and I soon fell in to a deep slumber.     

flashback/dream 

“lyla why did you do that” Kyle shouted slapping my face hard. “What did I do” I cowered back in the corner 

A foot went straight into my gut, as I cried out in pain.

I tried to stand up, but combination of the pain and Kyle's glare wouldn’t let me. 

I wince in pain as I struggle towards the door, but I find  my path blocked by Kyle. I dare to glance up at him and as I do a sharp slap greets my face.

I gasp in pain as Kyle slaps me once again, “why are you doing this to me?” I wimpier tears falling down my face.

“Because you a stupid little piece of filth and you don’t deserve to be treated nicely!” Kyle spits and kicks me hard in the stomach. 

Kyle standing right over me now, intimidating me. Suddenly an idea come to me: I kick him in hard in the leg, causing him to fall over. I force my self up into a standing position, bracing myself for what he might do to me next. “YOU SHOULD HAVE NOT DONE THAT,YOU LITTLE BITCH!” Kyle tells me, a sly grin on his face.

He stands up and I shudder in fear. He laughs evilly at my helplessness as he staggers toward me; I try to run away but he has me cornered. 

I do the only thing I can think of, scream.

Kyle punches me square in the jaw and then every thing goes black. 

end of flash back/dream  

Lyla, Lyla baby come on please, come on wake up” I can hear him but my eyes just won’t open. Strong hands grab my shoulders shaking them violently; I try to move but something won’t let me. “That’s it!” I hear Dylan say to himself. I hear footsteps getting fainter and then stronger again and I try to open my eyes once again and once again nothing.  A few suspense filled seconds pass and then... splash! I gasp as the freezing cold water hits my body like a tidal wave on the sand.  I snap open my eyes to see Dylan standing with a worried look on his face. I sit there shivering in the now extremely cold blankets, and then burst out into tears. “Shit” Dylan muttered under his breath, as he made his way over to the bed I scooted back so my back was pressed up against the cold wooden head board. “It was Kyle wasn’t it” he choked out, my breath hitched in my throat, suddenly my breathing sped up. I tried to control it but I just couldn’t calm my self, by now Dylan was trying to calm me down from my panic attach and eventually he did. A couple of minuets later once I had calmed down, I had my head on Dylan’s chest shivering from the water that he had tipped over me. “What’s wrong” Dylan asked concerned “i’m cold you idiot” I hissed back “okay calm down I was just asking” he bit back  “STOP IT!!” I screamed at him “JESUS CHRIST LYLA. KYLE REALLY DID MESS YOU UP!!” Dylan screamed, but I could instantly see he regretted those words. 

I flew to the bathroom shutting the door the door sliding  down the door, after a few minuets I decided I would run a bath. When it was quite hot with lot of bubbles, I stripped of my clothes and plunged myself into the steaming water. I closed my eyes and that's when the tears poured out my eyes I just couldn't control them, I was now sat in the middle of the ginormous bathtub with my knees up to my chest. I looked in the mirror that was beside the bath and all saw was a girl with dull grey eyes lifeless brown hair. I stretched out so the bubbles floated around me,I pulled the bubbles up to my chest then closed my eyes. 

About 20 minuets later I opened my eyes a yawned, luckily I had got over my flu but I was just so tired. I washed my hair and scrubbed my body, once I had rinsed my body I got out wrapped my self in big fluffy dressing gown and made my way over to the sink and traced the outline of my lips. I missed his lips a tear slipped out the corner of my eyes, I just missed him.

After I composed myself, I made my way over to the door to the door. Once out the room I looked around to see the room was empty. My breath hitched in my throat, as my body tensed up tears fell uncontrollably. I couldn't breath I fell to the ground unable to breath. I tried to steady my breathing but nothing helped. I made my way over to the bed, collapsed into the crisp sheets. It smelt like Dylan. I moved under them going to his side of the bed it was still slightly warm that it sent chills along my spine, I nuzzled my face into the soft pillow making it damp with my tears. After a while darkness over took me.