Chapter Seven

RECAP

I remember last summer he said "Babe my stupid parents got this promotion and I have to go along, I'll miss you so bad and I know you will miss me right" he asked

I nodded my head leaning into his shoulder trying to be all sad and comforting for him to believe me. But in my mind I was jumping for joy, can't believe one of my dreams actually came throw. This was the best day of my life. Now I can have a new start, new break, start over and actually be happy for a change.

But I guess all things come tumbling down for a reason, maybe I'm not meant to be happy,maybe this was my fault this is happening, why everything is happening.

                         And I wondered to myself can I really take a next year of this?

 Chapter Seven

               Turning the car off, she rested her head against the steering wheel. Her day had been spent not listening to lessons and constantly looking over her shoulder. However, all that worry was wasted because not once did she see Chase at school. How thankful for that she was, she couldn't even tell.

Still, she knew he could pop up at any time.

Taking the keys out of the ignition, she wearily made her way to the front door. Pushing it open, she spotted Tommy sitting on a stool behind the counter.

"Hey Aida," he cheerfully greeted him.

"Hi," she mumbled, shuffling past him to the back room. Sitting down on the swivel chair behind her father's desk, she rubbed her tired eyes. She hadn't gotten any sleep the night before, still haunted by Chase's sudden reappearance.

Yawning, she let her eyes droop. She was just going to close them for a minute. . .

How long she was asleep, she didn't know. She didn't even know what had woken her up. Peering around the room through blurry eyes, she couldn't make out anything that was different from before.

Shaking her head in an attempt to wake herself up, she resolved to not let herself fall back into sleep's clutches.

However, no sooner than she made that decision, her eyelids started to feel heavy again and a yawn escaped from her lips.

Prying her eyes open, she pushed herself up from the chair regretfully. When she was standing, she grabbed hold of the edge of the desk for support.

Remembering what she always read people did in books, she slapped herself. Wincing, she rubbed her cheek. Definitely not my best idea, she thought to herself.

Stumbling out the door, she resorted to the only other thing she could think of. Coffee. Normally, she didn't like to drink it because it reminded her of her mom but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Ignoring Tommy staring after her, she walked to the corner of the store, to the coffee maker. A little unsure of what to do, she tried to recall watching her mother go through her morning routine. Not even knowing she was doing it, she mimicked the steps perfectly. Now, all she had to do was wait.

Waiting was a dangerous thing. Especially when you were alone with a handsome boy who was purposely making his way toward you.Playing with a coffee filter that was sitting out on the table, she tried to distract herself from him.

Her fiddling was stopped when Tommy one big hand over hers.

"Aida," he said softly, "what's wrong?"

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong."

Gently grabbing her shoulders and turning her around, he looked intensely into her eyes. Shifting on her feet, she dropped her eyes, unable to take that look in his eyes, the worry. She didn't deserve to be worried about. Already, she had a hard enough time with her dad, but now Tommy too?