Chapter 25 ♪ Com Pt II

Start from the beginning

"Chris, what's going on?"

He turned to face her and instantly regretted it, her eyes were entirely locked on him and he realized that he has missed her a lot since the last time they saw each other. He did miss cuddling with her on his couch, kissing her and then falling asleep beside her. He mentally slapped himself, he needed to concentrate if he was going to do this.

"Um," he stuttered finally. "let's sit down."

"Chris, you're scaring me. Just tell me." she said but she did sit down on the couch with him and she was facing him, waiting impatiently for him to start explaining. He licked his chapped lips and thought for a moment, indecisive on where to begin this all. He wasn't sure, his mind raced and the best way he decided to say this was to just blurt everything out without thinking about it.

"Audrina isn't just my friend."

"Okay," Sabrina spoke softly with confusion consuming her voice. "she's not your half sister is she?"

"Definitely not."

"Okay, then why are you telling me this? I don't understand."

Just spit it out already, his mind screamed at him.

"I'm sleeping with her."

Sabrina's jaw slightly dropped open but she stayed strangely unfazed, although it may have been shock. But her heart ached over it, she didn't truly like hearing about Chris being with other women because she does love him and wanted to be with him. But he was single right now, she couldn't protest and throw a fit.

"So," she choked out. "she's your girlfriend?"

He chuckled apprehensively and awkwardly but he refused to look at her.

"No we're not dating, I've known her for years and we have been sleeping together for years. When I went on tour and I knew I wasn't going to be far from her, I would break up with you so it wasn't considered cheating. She had no idea about you and she still wouldn't if Ryan hadn't ran his mouth, the reason why she's here is because I convinced her to try to work us out to find out if we do have feelings for another."

Sabrina's heart did more than just ache now, it throbbed painfully and felt as if it was being torn apart. Her eyes filled with tears and she tried so hard to keep them back, her throat tightened excruciatingly. She's always hated crying in front of people, she didn't want to seem weak but right now she was heartbroken.

"Do you love me?" she asked suddenly and immediately regretted it, she looked at him through her teary eyed vision to see he wasn't looking at her.

He shook his head side to side in response but added words.

"No."

Every word was like a dagger through her heart and when Chris realized she was crying he felt guilt overwhelm him and he didn't know what he could say to ease her pain, most likely nothing.

"Were there others?"

Chris looked at her speechlessly, he knew what she meant. He hesitated to answer as he debated if he should tell the truth or not and he chose a lie, as usual.

"No."

She nodded and bit her bottom lip, feeling the tears beating her strength.

"I have to go," she said and stood up. "bye Chris."

He stood up with her but she ignored him as he did, he watched her hurry towards the door and it felt like the walls were craving in on him. She slam the door shut and he felt nothing but guilt and anger. He dropped down onto the couch and stared at the ground, cursing himself and Audrina. He heard the bedroom door open from the hallway and heard her approaching him from behind carefully, did he want to see her right now? definitely not, he was as mad at her as he was with himself.