Eric

Eric Ducked behind a tent as a sentry looked his way. His stomach growled and reminded him that he hadn't ate anything that day as he glanced over his shoulder and stared longingly at the warm campfire with all the food being slowly cooked. suddenly he heard a "Snap" of a branch being stepped on and he whirled around and ducked back into the shadows.

"I'm sure I heard something over here George"

whispered one guard.

"yeah, and i'm the king of Corvosis" Said the other guard skeptically. "whatever it was I'm sure It will still be there after dinner" And with that they headed off in the direction that of which they came.

As soon as the guards were out of site Eric let out a long sigh of relief and stepped out of the shadows. When he finally worked up enough courage to escape into the woods to warn the city, he was about to take a step when he heard a shout.

"Someone's deserting! Stop Him!" Eric launched himself out of his hiding spot just before he heard a thunk of an arrow hitting where he had just been a second ago. Eric immediately jumped up and sprinted towards the woods. shouts and curses were yelled at him from his pursuers about what they were going to do when they caught him which only encouraged Eric to run harder. Suddenly the yelling and chasing came to an abrupt halt. An eerie silence filled the woods. Eric leaned over to catch his breath. As he was catching his breath he heard the snap of a twig just behind him. As he was about to stand up a knife appeared at his throat.

"Don't move if you want to see your family again" the unknown assailant.

"I don't have any family left. They all died in the plague." Eric whispered and was given a second to relive his recent shortcomings. The assailant started to put expertly put pressure on his neck just enough for Eric to pass out but not enough to cause serious harm. Just as the light faded from Eric's eyes the mysterious assailant whispered six soft, hopeful words,

"I... I hope you'll forgive me."