14. Party do-over fail

I sat in the passenger seat of Ashton's minivan, the radio blasting. But this time we weren't alone. The boys sit in the back seats, arguing over some stupid thing that happened at school as I stare out the window, watching the sunset go down.
Surprisingly I didn't need to argue to go to this party like i thought I would have to. I played in safe in a simple grey tee and skinny jeans, no button up shirts like last time.
"Hey daydreamer" Ash says, tapping my shoulder. "We're here" he says with a laugh. I nod and get out. I was already brewing a headache and didn't know why I bothered agreeing to come if I was just going to be moody the entire time. Calum walks beside me as we follow the others into the house.
"You feeling okay?" He asks, laying a hand on my lower back as we walk.
"Yeah fine." I reply monotone.
"You sure?" He asks nudging me gently. We follow the guys out to the pool part where I smile a little at the sight of fairy lights and balloons floating on the clear water.
"I'll tell you later no doubt" I say, but smile to let him know I don't want to ruin his night. He nods, and suddenly Luke turns around quickly in front of us.
"Cal, look who I've spotted" he says cheekily, grabbing him behind the shoulder and pushing him out in front. I spot the tall blonde they must be talking about, by the way she smiles at cal and drags him in for a hug which I could see was forced.
"Who's that?" I ask Mikey who stands beside Luke.
"Joanna." He says as if I should recognise the name. "Cal dropped a water bomb on her last semester and she was... Super happy about it" he says in a confused tone whilst shrugging his shoulders.
"He wouldn't stop staring at her tit-"
"OKAY LUKE! SHE GOT IT NOW CMON POOL TIME" Mikey yells, grabbing my brother by the shirt and pulling him towards the pool leaving me awkwardly standing with Ashton who seems to be prowling the area... for a girl no doubt.
I awkwardly turn to walk inside and just then he turns around too.
"What's up with you?" He asks as I walk inside.
"Guys wait up!" Calum calls behind us making us both turn with our eyebrows raised. The girl was nowhere to be seen.
"What happened to Joanna?" Ashton asks as we continue to walk back into the house, scouting for drinks.
"I blew her off."
"What? Why?" Ashton asks looking back at where they just stood, hoping to spot the beautiful blonde again.
"I have bigger fish to catch" he laughs.
Ashton snorts "let me tell you now you hold no luck with that fish mate"
"Fuck you" Calum says seriously making me jump a little. He walks off ahead quickly, running his hand through his hair before disappearing behind a wall. I watch in confusion from his sudden outburst and turn to Ashton to explain.
"What the-"
"I spot booze" ashton says walking away quickly, leaving me standing alone in the corridor.
These boys were going the be the death of me.