7

My exquisite Mira,

     I miss you. Am I permitted to say such things? Have we reached a margin in our relationship that allows me to say that phrase without immediate regrets? I solemnly hope so. I've been pondering it, open mindedly of course, and I cannot recall a mistake from yesterday, or days past, that I wouldn't repeat if it meant I'd repeat them in your company. I cannot remember a time in which I felt so absentminded consciously, excuse the counter-intuitiveness, but when thinking of you it seems to be so. I find that a challenge, when and if whatever it is you are working on works, amd it will be pursuing my knowledgeable and intellectual endeavors wholeheartedly and without distraction.
      Let me take a minute to explain to you, as I do everything else, what it means, in my mind, when I say I miss you? I miss you indicates not only a yearning for your company, but acknowledgement that you, Miss. Mira, have been the best thing that I have so much as lucked in to. I miss you implies not only a craving for your touch, but the realization that writing things like this may just be the craziest thing I've done yet. I miss you encases not only the lust, but the recognition that my finest hour, to date, was the one spent aboard the White Portuguese alone with you. I miss you is the covetousness that wants you for itself, but the understanding that I cannot. I miss you is the  proof in your absence that I love you dearly.
     Can one person, even an individual such as me, devoid from thinking of another person who's been meaningful in more ways than one? Can someone still work diligently with someone persisting within their mind? I cannot seem to find a direct answer to a question as loaded as those. Perhaps one does their work for another subconsciously, but is that really devoid? It's almost as if you have to remember to forget the other's impact consciously. 
     I've been picking at my fingernails again Mira. You always seemed to notice the torn skin around them. You'd never say anything to me about it but I noted your eyes perceiving it.  It's an apprehensive nuance. Restless intellect, so to speak. They, my middle and pointer finger, bled in specs today. A place like this is more than imprisonment, its stunting my already antsy antics. Do you think I'm losing my mind? Because they may if I allow myself the antic release of pacing in my holding cell and that would be tragic, as I would be moved to an asylum without prevail. I've been trying my best to sit still. I began counting the bricks in the wall. This is a typical 6x8 jail cell my dear. I've counted 216 bricks. That means they've probably used closure bricks that measure about 7 5/8 of an inch by 3 5/8 of an inch.
       More important than any of this, I ask, how are you Mira? Have you been making wishes on the passing cars of Gotham? Perhaps I'm graciously off track and you've been simply working yourself through restless nights? Maybe you've taken up a new hobby? I look forward to endorsing in it with you if that is the case. Or have you been dancing with strangers? You always seemed like the type of person that would dance with a stranger if they so choose to endorse you.  You just seemed like that type of merry.  Be careful, if you must. 
     You always seemed like the kind of woman that preferred diners over fancy feasting too. Call it a hunch, but you looked almost as if though you felt out of place at the party I had in Metropolis way back when. It was displeasing, as even then I had wanted you to smile, and so of course I swooped in to have you follow in my endeavors. Though you do understand, regardless of whether or not you'd enjoy sipping on coffee at a diner, we never did get to go on our little outing. You know, the one in which I owed you for throwing accusations? The one in which you will finally get the opportunity to allow your taste buds to welter in the luxurious and savory flavors of cherry wine!
     'How are you?' is such an encumbered question in itself. Perhaps you are smiling at the moon, or counting stars, but how are you feeling? I hope, with my greatest sincerity, that you are feeling something. My utmost distress would be to stand in front of you and witness numbness within you due to past events, or even current ones. I know you as someone who put herself together with her own two hands.
     Do not let yourself fall apart through the seams you yourself have stitched. Although I do indeed love you, it is with that love I want to ensure you that you are just as capable without me as you are with me. I would never, even if it meant being without you, wish to take your independence away from you. It is one of the many things I love about you and it alone reconciles both ambition and perseverance. Tell your friend, I'm referring to Harley as I'm sure she's introduced you to many others, that I say hello. But remember, please, that you do not have to wait for Superman to save you. I always adored that about you too.

With an immense amount of love and adoration,

Lex