Chapter 9: Ramen for the Girl

|

||

||

As of this moment, the one emotion that embodied Mitsuru was annoyance. If only her glare could burn her phone into a puddle of molten metal or maybe have it explode under her nonexistent-human-strength, the young woman already would have. Her emotion permeated from her like stinky cheese in hot weather, and none of her colleagues could soothe her. Not that they knew why anyway.

"This annoying prick!" She kept mumbling under her breath. Mitsuru huffed, heaving for breath as she wondered what to do. They could always meet tomorrow though, there's no need to meet him about it ASAP. But this was a major project, they needed to plan ASAP. Mitsuru sighed this time.

A hand gently landed itself on her shoulder, and a startled Mitsuru found her friend Mochika grinning from ear to ear.

"You seem stressed, Shirai-san," her concerned voice came with a giggle. "Wanna grab coffee with me?"

To Mitsuru, Mochika Kumogai was among the people she worked with at the publishing house. The voluptuous woman was a jar of smiles and laughter, quite the cordial spirit. People who first met Mitsuru often either poked too hard fast and backed off quickly, but the neon-loving woman knew her timing and pacing even with the anti-social Mitsuru.

Thus, the mangaka found her pleasant and became her coffee buddy at work.

As a response to Mochika's earlier inquiry, Mitsuru gave her friend a starry eyed look and shoved her phone into her pocket before grabbing her bag and following Mochika out the door. Now, the cafe they frequented at was just a Starbucks branch that conveniently established itself across their building.