Chapter 4: Ice Cream As In "I Scream"

Built bodies shone with sweat as they move swiftly with plan and purpose

Built bodies shone with sweat as they move swiftly with plan and purpose. Arms swing and balls get pummeled mercilessly, some smash into the ground with a loud plack, and some fly into the air. The sound of skidding rubber soles reverberated so beautifully in the court. Here dedicated athletes train to rule the court. Here they train to become kings.

Or maybe gods of volleyball.

To Tetsurou, slamming the ball meant his entire being. But overcoming his opponent meant much, much more. Because here, he can unleash the beast he has inside.

"Hyah!" The boy thundered as his hand smashes into the ball.

A monstrous energy electrifies through the ball, its spinning movement halting for barely a second. Its next stop was on the rubberized floor before it flies into the air, leaving the two blockers mesmerized and speechless.

"You completely left yourselves unguarded, punks!" Tetsurou remarked disappointingly. "As I've told you countless before, read blocking!"

"You definitely did that spike on purpose! You tricked us, Kuroo-kun!" A frustrated teammate replied.

"Gah, no wonder they call you Kuroo the Schemer," said the other, laughing.

Their fellow giant just grinned deviously.

"It's a well-deserved name, don't you think?" Tetsurou chuckled. "Let's try it again."

They do it again, but still failed.

"Gah!" The other screamed in frustration, making the other seniors guffaw in amused laughter.

"Give them a rest, Kuroo-kun," said Shigeru. "You've been at it for the last thirty minutes."

"All the more reason they should've blocked the ball, right?" Said a disappointed Tetsurou.

"Yeah, man. But maybe soon. Even I still fail to read your spikes."

"Fair enough," said Tetsurou, tossing the ball to the other two with them. "Let's switch then. Me and Ueno-senpai block, you guys try spiking."

"Let me join you Kuroo-kun!" Bokuto dashed to his friend. "Akaashi could set for the other two."