Chapter 1: After the Rain

Ever wondered why coffee smelled intoxicating? The indescribable yet intoxicating scent that makes one sigh at such a bliss works wonders

Ever wondered why coffee smelled intoxicating? The indescribable yet intoxicating scent that makes one sigh at such a bliss works wonders. The taste is sweet to the tongue and warms up one's soul, but it leaves a bitter aftertaste. Yet all the same, coffee is loved and for Mitsuru Shirai, there was nothing more heavenly than coffee. She had just finished a cup of coffee when the rain stopped. Nothing more than a paper cup in her hand, she patiently dumps it to the closest trash bin (while of course, making sure that it was the right one). 

Her white locks were tied up behind her head while her bangs covered her right eye. Her eyelashes bat slowly under the shade of her umbrella, and her minty orbs gleam from the light like polished gemstones. It was pouring just a little while ago, and tiny raindrops dripped and splashed into the puddles that had formed. The sun peaked behind the massive, cotton-like clouds that occupied most of the sky; and in between those piles of fluff, a luminous light from heaven touched the earth.

Mitsuru squinted at the bright light for a moment as she puts down her raven-black umbrella. However, she took a moment to take a deep breath and inhale the fresh aroma of earth. It was refreshing and took away all the stress laid on her shoulders. After a moment, she shakes off the rain water before closing it and putting the covering on. Carefully placing her umbrella into her bag, the girl afterwards turns up the music that boomed in her headphones. 

Before she could enjoy walking through an empty walkway, other students like herself suddenly started bustling out along the courtyard and out the school gate. Mitsuru was nothing but a single unit in a society of students.

Her apathetic blue eyes scan the best possible way of getting out of the courtyard, while hoping to keep off touching other people, especially the fact that there was a lot of tall guys around. She's had a lot of instances where she gets pushed around because of the hustling and bustling of the people, like a poor ball in a soccer field. Although she was average height, it was just barely. Her face was half covered with her mask, it concealed her flustered expression and it turned into annoyance as she was abruptly forced forward.

Turning her head around, she glares daggers at the boisterous cluster of boys behind her. Meeting her icy blue eyes instantly made them take a step away from her as if she was a carrier of bad omen while mustering a fearful, "we're sorry!" from their lips. Misturu whips her head around and leaves them speechless with drops of sweat forming on their foreheads.