Chapter 4: Ice Cream As In "I Scream"

Start from the beginning

"Ohhhh? Niiiice," replied the boy. "Alrighty then. Me, Cap, Owl-face, block. Akaashi and the rest of you attack."

And they did just that. But the three only continue to witness the formidable reads of Tetsurou Kuroo, former captain of Nekoma High School volleyball team. Their spikes was wouldn't go past him no matter what they do. As long as he was there, he blocked their spikes.

Sweat rolled down shiny temples, the beads traveling down to their chins before they get wiped off by still sweaty arms. But white towels replace them a moment later, but still the boys remained a little sweaty and stinky. They gulped water down their throats, and let out sighs of satisfaction afterwards.

"Let's go home, Kenma," said Tetsurou. "Let's leave this to the first years."

Kenma nearly gawks at him.

"We're in college now, Kuroo. I think you're forgetting that I'm a freshman here," said the shorty, his tone full of disbelief.

That realization made the giant guffaw in laughter, and he laughed so much until his sides ached. Though by the time he got back his wits, his best friend was busy cleaning. How nostalgic of their early high school days. He decided to wait outside, out in the cool air. But someone waited for him.

"Ah, captain," beamed the boy, making the older boy chuckle.

"Yo" the pink-haired boy greeted. "You could just call me by my name when we're not around our teammates."

"Force of habit," Tetsurou replied with a sly grin. "You're the captain after all."

"HAH. Well, I should get used to it by now since we've been teammates for over a year, and we'll be teammates 'til I graduate."

The older boy beams.

"I wanted to ask how you're doing with our little bet," said Shigeru. "I hope you got progress unless you wanna treat the team with a twenty-thousand yen budget."

Smirking, Tetsurou gives his senior a playful pat on the shoulder reassuringly. Although Kenma's words earlier that afternoon. He knew Kenma didn't exactly approve of the deal, but Tetsurou knew that Kenma wasn't the type to force him into doing anything. It has always been the other way around. Other than the fact that a few months have passed since the deal was made, the boy had no plans of backing out and facing the twenty thousand yen bill in front of him.

This was a game. No one is gonna get hurt. It's not like Mitsuru would end up falling deeply for him anyway.

"Progress is slow. But it's there alright," beamed Tetsurou. "I ain't losing!"

Shigeru laughs.

"Well, I can't wait how things will turn out. I actually kinda hope that even if this is a bet, things won't get messy," he replied.

"Huh. Not like I'm hoping to break her heart or anything, but that stuff is gonna be inevitable," he grins, "But maybe you wish you did the bet did you?"

"I won't stand a chance compared to you, Kuroo-kun!" Tetsurou's companion laughed. "She isn't interested in interacting with people. At least not normally. And to answer your question, I'm glad I didn't take the bet."

"What are you talking about? You got a lot of lady fans. I'm sure Shirai-chan could've noticed you sooner or later!"

Shigeru chuckles.

"Not this girl," he sighed. Tetsurou's eyes cock at the sight of his senior's painful gaze. In a glimpse of an eye, he saw an untold history. Another mystery to unravel.

Footsteps interrupt the two players, and turning their gazes, they realize the first years actually finished and walking out of the gym already. Kenma was already playing his game as he walked out.

Warmer Than Black (Haikyuu! FF; Kuroo Tetsuro)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara