Chapter 1 ~ Warm Hugs

This is the first time that Sean will come out of the hospital and it was making him feel horrified. "This is it." He thought. "A world without light."

5 months ago

Sean went to a party that was createdby his friend, Mark. He wasn't that typical party person but he had to go this party because of his friend. He went inside Mark's house and encountered a crowd of sweaty people dancing, a loud banging music, and flashing lights.

"I can't believe I'm a friend of this stupid jock," Sean muttered as he searched for his friend.

He tried to search for Mark and get through the crowd of people. When he found his friend, Mark, he tried to talk to him and thanked him for inviting him.

But before he could say that, someone turned down the music and shouted, "We are going to light a fireworks guys!" The crowd of people cheered wildly and went outside to see the fireworks that is about to ignite.

Sean followed Mark as he went outside with a grin while excitement filled his eyes as he waited for the ignition of the hazardous item.

As the crowd waited, there was someone who went towards the unignited fireworks. The person flicked on his lighter and lit the fireworks.

The crowd was counting down from ten as the fireworks' tail started to become shorter and shorter. But before they counted to three, someone accidentally hit the fireworks, tilting it, making it point  directly towards Sean.

The fireworks then ignited and zoomed before Sean could even react, exploding in front of him, making him injured with complete unexpected fatality.

Mark was shocked as the Irish lad had been injured. He ran towards his injured friend, hugged him tightly, and called 911 for help, as the world became so fast an blurry for everyone in that party.

End of Past

As he gets out of the hospital on a wheel chair, his father assists him towards the car.

"Don't worry buddy, you're in safe hands now," his father holds his hand and guides him inside the car.

Jack never felt relieved but at the same time scared in his whole life. He didn't knew what he was going to do. Would he be happy because he's finally going to go home? Or maybe be scared because he lost the one thing that was important to him?

He seats down inside the car and hears the car door shut. He then hears his father comes inside the car and turns on the car engine.

His father drives to their destination -which was their home- as his father turns in the radio. The car was filled with soft and mellow music, which filled Sean with calm and ease.

•••

As his father guides Sean inside their house, Sean became nervous all of a sudden.

'What if they don't accept me anymore?' He thinks to himself.

'What if they don't even care about me? I mean my father helped me get home, so they do care, right?'

Sean fills his mind with the phrase, "What If", that it floods his mind with the phrase.

As his father and him went inside their house, Sean suddenly becomes filled with warm hugs and happy tears.

"We thought we were going to lose you!" He heard his mother speaks.

As he heard his mother's sentence, he suddenly bursts out of tears and hugs them tightly.

"I'm so sorry for being so stupid," Sean says while sobbing hardly as he regretted to have come to Mark's party.

He feels a little bit guilty because he doubted his family. Which was because of his paranoia.

"Don't worry Jackaboy, we'll always take care of you no matter how old we are," he heard his brother says as he thanks his family very much.

"I love you all so much," Sean says deeply as he thanks his family.

He never felt so loved in his entire life.