Chapter 1 - The Day Shadows

February 30th, 2009 was the day. It was the night that the darkness decided to come for me. I didn’t know that it was out there, but it sure as hell wanted me to find out. Now what time was it again... Don’t look at me like that! That fuckin impatient look on your face annoys me. Trust me, the importance is in every detail. Now where was I? Ah yes, I was answering that question. It all began at 13:49 Pacific Time. I was walking home after eating a good hot cup of coffee. I was enjoying myself on that cloudless day and didn’t care all too much that it was bitter cold. My watch was ticking along just fine, Tick... Tick.. Tick, the second hand went around. I rather liked that watch, it was a shame that the darkness took that from me as well, but I’m jumping ahead too far.

I was walking home when a cloud past by the sun. The light became a bit dimmer and the shadows seemed to grow even darker. I wish I had noticed the signs at the time, but I just kept walking. The street I was walking down, looked much like the street outside this building. It had a grey sidewalk and black pavement. However, I believe there was a bit more people walking into me than there are here. Anyhow, I took that turn down the alley. The one that went to the apartment. The one with blood stains on the cement. The one where the shadows attacked me.

They were fast and fuckin scary. They cut me, pushed me to the ground and took my watch. That wasn’t the end of it though. The shadows stayed and watched me as I bled and cried on the ground. The lights became dimmer and dimmer until the whole world seemed to have been consumed by the darkness. That's when I woke up to see the real light.

The light that was being shined in my eyes by my buddy Steve, or as I like to call him, Kureiji because that's what he seemed to mumble a lot when I was around. Anyhow Kureiji was the tall Asian man who had given me that watch I lost. I really do miss that watch. I wonder if it still works like it use to; twice a day. Koreiji told me that he had taken me out of the alley and tried to take me to a hospital. When they said they wouldn’t take me in because I ain’t got no E-surance or something like that. Koreiji took me home instead and decided to try and fix me like one of his watches.