t w e n t y - f i v e

**two months later**

"I can't believe this is actually happening!" I squealed, jumping into Rob's arms. We were in the tunnels at the Superdome, a few hours before the Super Bowl. The Patriots had gone on to finish their regular season 14-2, and had come back to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship Game. Now, we were here, and they had a real shot at the Lombardi trophy, going up against the Atlanta Falcons. I was already dressed in my uniform, hair and makeup done, but Rob was still wearing sweats and a T-shirt.

"Alright, alright, calm yourself woman!  Save your energy for the actual game," he laughed, nevertheless continuing to hold me.

"Are you kidding??" I exclaimed, "This has been my dream since, like, forever."

Rob planted a kiss on my forehead before setting me back on the ground, "You better hope we win then."

I scoffed, "It's the Falcons. They couldn't beat you even if Mr. Kraft played starting quarterback."

"Don't jinx it!" he whispered, slapping a hand over my mouth.

"Oh come on, you know it's true."

Rob looked over both shoulders, then leaned in closer and whispered, "Yeah, it is."

We both laughed, then I grabbed his hand and interlaced my fingers with his, holding our hands up so they were between us. "We should probably go be with our teams now," I sighed, a sad note in my voice. "Play well babe, I love you."

"Love you too," he responded, and bent down to kiss me. As we pulled away, I started laughing uncontrollably. Rob looked even more confused than usual, "What'd I do?"

"Babe," I gasped between laughs, "Don't ever kiss me when I have lipstick on."  Horrified, he slid open his phone camera to see what had happened. Indeed, the huge, muscled football player now had a nice coating of red lipstick.

"Hey leave it, it suits you!" a voice called from the players' locker room. We looked over to see Danny and Julian laughing their asses off.

"Oh shut up you two single Pringles," I rolled my eyes.

"You guys have the maturity of twelve-year-olds," Rob added.

"Touché," Julian wiggled his eyebrows before ducking back into the locker room to avoid the hat that had just been thrown at his head by an annoyed Rob Gronkowski.

I turned back to my boyfriend and wrapped my arms around his torso, "Guess I'll see you on the field, handsome."

"See ya, gorgeous," he responded, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"Bring it home boys!" I called towards the open locker room door, and a chorus of enthusiastic shouts and yells responded.