t w e n t y

"That is actual relationship goals," I commented as Rob and I watched a video on Twitter of a couple lip syncing to Fetty Wap's "Trap Queen".

"We're cuter though," he commented, kissing the top of my head.

I sat up straight, "We should make a video like that. We could involve the whole team!  It could be like a pump-up video!"

He laughed, "Hmmm...well, why not?"

I smiled and jumped up off the couch.  "Now come on. If we get to practice early, we can get started today."

~

20 minutes later, Rob and I were dressed and hopping into his truck. He had practice today, and although I didn't, I was headed to the stadium to get some administrative work done for cheer.

"What song should we do?" I asked him.

He thought for a minute, "Well, we could do something funny, or something hype."

There was a few moments of silence as we drove down the highway towards Gillette.  I turned on the radio, hoping for some ideas. "Gucci Gang" by Lil Pump came on, and Rob and I both looked at each other.

"This would be hilarious," he said.

"We could make this awesome," I added.

Rob smiled, "Then it's settled. Can you text Tom and Julian and tell them our idea?"

I nodded and pulled out my phone. This was going to be great.

~

"Hey guys!" I waved and smiled as I walked with Rob onto the practice field behind the actual stadium.

Tom, Julian, and a few of the practice squad members were the only ones there, as their practice didn't begin for another hour.

"Hanna!" Julian yelled, and wrapped me in a hug, lifting me off my feet. We had always been friends, but my relationship with Rob (who was one of Julian's best friends) had brought us even closer.

I laughed, "It's great to see you too, Jules, but it's getting a little tough to breathe."

Rob jokingly punched his shoulder, "Don't kill my girlfriend bro."

Julian set me down, and Tom wrapped me in a big side hug, "Hey Han."

"Guys, I saw you both like 2 days ago, it's not like we've been apart forever."

"And that was 2 days too long," Julian sighed dramatically.

I just laughed. Definite perks of my job - being best friends with my sports heroes. 

"So, what's this big project you two are working on?" Tom asked.

I looked at Rob, delegating him to explain, "We wanted to make a funny video, like a lip sync video, involving the whole team."

Julian shrugged, "Sure, why not?  And I know Tom and I are great, but in case you haven't noticed, we're not the whole team."

"Yeah, but you're Tom Brady and Julian Edelman, so we were hoping you could help spread the word and get people to agree to be in the video?" I asked.

Tom and Julian looked at each other, then back at me and Rob.  "Alright, we're in," Tom agreed.

I smiled, "Awesome."

"When do we start?"

~

"Ok, and we're rolling!" Tom called, as he pressed record on my phone and the chorus of Gucci Gang blasted from the speaker. Rob, Julian, and I danced around a little bit, acting as gangsta as possible and lip syncing along. Then, I flipped into a headspring as Julian and Rob both tried - and failed- and we all burst out laughing. "Cut!" Tom called.

By then, almost the whole team had arrived for practice and was standing around watching us. "Is everyone ready to film their part of the video?" I called out. There was some moaning and groaning, but I had formed pretty good relationships with almost the entire team by now, and they all respected me.

We continued to film, getting everyone to act silly and have fun. By the end of the video, we had been able to include the entire team in some way or another. "Ok guys, we've got about 10 seconds left and then the video is done!" I exclaimed.

"Hanna and Rob should take those last 10 seconds," Julian offered.

I looked around as the guys discussed the end of the video, and my eyes landed on one person. "Guys, I have a much better idea."

~

"Thank you everyone for helping us with our little project, and a special shoutout to Coach Belichick," Rob shouted, throwing his arm casually around me and coach at the same time.

I laughed and leaned into him, but Bill glared at the huge tight end, and Rob slowly removed his arm, inching away.

"Thanks guys," I smiled, "I'll post the video later today. Thanks for curing our boredom."

"Now 2 laps for warmup!" Belichick ordered. "We're already running late."

I winced, "Sorry coach."

He just gave me a small smile, "See you later Hanna."

~

I sat in the passenger seat of Rob's truck, finalizing the video. Then, I opened up Twitter, attaching the video to a new Tweet, and typed "boredom strikes at Gillette Stadium..."

Within minutes, it had gotten hundreds of retweets and favorites. People were calling it 'relationship goals', and 'hype af'. I smiled, and leaned back in my seat, waiting for Rob to get out of practice.