Grimie-house, introductions, and Ginny! Trouble!

Start from the beginning

“Huh?” was his eloquent response.

The poor kid must have assumed when I mentioned his fame that I was talking about his literal fame as the ‘savior of the wizarding world’ and all that jazz.

“Sirius. Your creeper of a godfather. He goes on about you allll the time. All your hobbies, and what you study in school, and how you’re the greatest thing since plumbing. He really likes ya kid.”

Harry’s cheeks tinged a faint pink with more happy-embarrassment. Sirius too looked a little red.

“Course I talk about him,” he said in a gruff, ‘I’m a man so it’s okay if I acknowledge my feelings because my supreme manliness will be able to override the slight girliness’ voice. “Harry’s…you know…Harry. He’s great..and all that…Very likeable bloke..”

I smilled. “Awww. Hug time!”

Both head swiveled to me. “What—“

I pushed Harry forward, into Sirius who wrapped his arms around the boy to catch him. I smiled, making more ‘awwww’ sounds. Sirius glared at me, muttering more obscenities under his breath, but I noticed he gave Harry a small squeeze before setting him on his feet again. Judging by Harry and Remus’s smiles, they’d both noticed.

I turned my attention to the other occupants of the room.

Oh my goodness..

Two words.

Magic. Beard.

The man in front of me was obviously elderly. He had a kind face and twinkling blue eyes, but his most prominent feature was he long, flowing, softly curling beard. Each silvery strand looked infused with more magical power than a herd of unicorns.

I wanted to touch that beard. Someday when the old coot was asleep, I’d sneak into his room and touch it. Then all my problems in life would be solved…..

Mr. Magic Beard inclined his head to me. “Hello my dear. I am Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.”

I shook my head, trying to snap out of my magic-beard induced state. “I’m Rika..Just Rika.”

“Just Rika?” He asked in a mysterious way.

“…. …… .. …. ..You know, it never really occurred to me to make up a last name for myself, so I guess yeah, just Rika.”

“You don’t have a last name?” Ron asked. The random bushy-haired girl whapped him on the back of the head.

I shrugged. “Not one I’m willing to use in this lifetime.”

Another man stepped forward and—

Well hello Mr. Wall.

This guy was a house of a man. Over six-foot tall, dark chocolate skin, shaved head, all muscle. He stared down at me; I strained my neck to look up into his face.

“Hello.” Oh Merlin, even his voice was a house. I swear I heard an underlining ‘little girl whom I can easily crush into pixie dust if she so ever displeases me’ tacked on to his greeting. He reached out a hand, and I shook it. His hand completely swallowed and obliterated mine. It was like shaking hands with a steel trap.

There are very few things in life I have vowed never to do for my own safety, but pissing off Mr. Wall just soared to the top three.

“My name is Kingsley Shacklebolt. I’m an Auror for the Ministry.”

“Rika…I think I saw you around once or twice.”

“You did. But don’t worry, I only hurt those who deserve it.”