25

OMG!
9K VIEWS THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR reading this book! i never thought i would actually reach this far!
I think I'll leave a goal each chapter starting now! it'll will go from smaller to larger over the chapters and i Hope they will be met!
GOAL 3 votes 1Comment

Chapter 25, Running from them

I immediately launch myself at the traitor and he yelps hitting the wall. The burly man watches with wide eyes as i rake my nails across his face many times. He growls and shoves me off. i hit the wall hard and i hit the ground with a grunt.

I lift my head and i glare at them as they try to corner me. i lash out fury and fear making me quick and they howl as blood spurts from their chests. I bolt through the open door and they run after me.

I weave through clusters of men and they try to grab at me but i jerk out of their grip. i was confused at the sudden strength and my sudden burst of confidence.

i slam through the door and I'm hit with the woodsy smell. "Get her!" Lucas Bellows. I hear cracks and they were soon followed by paws hitting the ground right behind.

I weave and jump over obstacles in my way and i hear rustling to my left but i ignore that. I feel myself in a forced shift taking me by surprise but i keep running until i was able to slip into a hollow log.

I pant in exertion and i hear growls as bodies hit the log. it creaks at the weight and i hear digging. after a moment i flee from the spot i was hiding and i hear them back on my heel. their growls and howls fill the air as i run and i make sure i don't look back. i hear running water and i jerk to its direction. soon the sounds of a waterfall echoes and with slight hesitation i leap down ignoring the fact i can hardly swim and i look up to see the wolves stop.

I hit freezing cold water and I'm tossed into a fast paced current. i poke my head up and i suck in much needed air. i use my paws to swim but i am unable to swim to shore for the currents toss me quickly down the river.

I hit a rock and i am dunked under sucking in air. i pull myself up and i cough and sputter. soon exhaustion weighs down my limbs and i look up at the tree canopy for what i think is the last time before i let myself sink.

I see a hand dive in and grab my scruff and pull me out as i let my eyes flutter closed.

I jolt awake shocked. i was laying by a hearth with a small fire warming me and i lift my head. the place smelled of... fae? i look around to see the room empty and i slowly sit up confused.

i immediately sniff around trying to find a way out seeing the windows were shut. i was still in my fox form and i hear footsteps. i immediately hide under a small table, All bursts of confidence and strength were gone. i see some bare feet inch in and then i hear grumbling.

"Ma! Ma the fox is gone!" A man calls. he sounded no older than Andrew or Collen. that thought brought me a pang of grief. where were they now?

"But how? I just saw it a few minutes ago!" A woman frets entering. i cringe slightly at how loud they were and i curl up. suddenly i feel magic in the air and my fur prickles.

"Ma. its under the table." the man sighs. His feet inch forward and i let out a low growl. he pauses before coming closer and he crouches as i growl again.

"Do be careful Dylan! It could have diseases!" Dylan's mom says. The man sticks his head under and i bare my teeth at him. "She isn't attacking." Dylan says.

At that silence fills the air except for my low growls. slowly a hand that I'm guessing is his reaches forwards with a piece of dried meat. i glance at him then back to the meat.

he chuckles and i inch forward. i take it from him before scuttling back. he watches with awe as i eat it and i keep my wary gaze on him as i do so. i didn't know if i could trust him

"Ma. Give me some dried meat. The little one is hungry." Dylan says. feet pad away and i tilt my head crouching. "Hi little one. I'm Dylan. I saved you from the river." he says softly. i watch him a moment then i hear a door open. Dylan lifts his head.

"Dad!" Dylan says. "Hi Kiddo. How was your day?" An older man says. "I found a fox." Dylan says proudly. "Did you now?" The older man says as another pair of feet enter the room.

"yeah. She is under here and she looks scared." Dylan says. The other pair of feet near and a man peers under at me. "She's a beauty." the man says. he reaches forwards and i immediately start growling.

He chuckles. "Feisty little one aren't you." he says. a moment later a hand grabs my scruff and i am pulled out from the table. i twist and turn trying to slip from the grip but that doesn't happen.

i start squealing and i twist trying to claw at the person. "Dad. put her down you are going to wake the whole house!" Dylan says over my squeals. the man drops me and i dash from the room. Dylan immediately follows and i slip into a kitchen and behind the curtains. they settle just before Dylan enters.

"Where'd you go?" he asks softly. the scent of dried meat fills my nose and i poke my head from under the curtain. a little baggy of the meat was in his hands and i eye it with hunger.

"Little one. you don't have to fear me." he says softly. i slowly slink out and I launch myself at the bag. i grab it in my mouth and i dash off once more with it in my mouth. he laughs and follows me where i jump onto a chair. i eye the unopened bag and Dylan appears at the doorway.

"Now here i thought werewolves were polite." Dylan says. i flatten my ear and bow my head. "Hey ma? Can you get me my sweater?" he calls. "Here you go!" His mom says. a sweater is thrown into his hands and he hands it to me.

"Come on. i Have a bathroom you can shift in." he says. i take the sweater and follow him into a bathroom. he shuts the door leaving me inside and i shift. i pull on the sweater and i sigh in relief.

I reach up on my tippy toes and i open the door. Dylan turns around and his jaw falls open and his eyes widen. "Y-You're just a kid." he says with shock. "I know." i say before sitting on a chair. He sits across from me and eyes me. "Which pack do you belong to?" He asks. "Lunar shadow" i say. he nods tilting his head. "That's not that far. I'll take you there after we eat." he says. I smile slightly.

Ooh.
QOTC: Who's your favorite Character?

GOAL: 3 VOTES 1 COMMENT
What do you think of Dylan?
Should He be evil?
Do you think everyone is okay?
Wanna leave a suggestion?
Go ahead and answer.
      c
enjoy
t    m
o   m
v    e
       n
       t
~L