The red string of fate

Keiji opened her eyes. She found herself in complete darkness. "Where am I??" She thought.
"You are inside me Keiji." Someone spoke.
"Who are you??"
"I am the Shikon Jewel."
"Why you brought me here??"
"It was my wish that brought you here Keiji. The good half of me wanted you to come here to destroy Naraku. But  I brought you  here so that I could kill you. You can't escape this darkness."
"You can't keep me here forever."
"Your friend Kagome is also here. She will give in to her fear of darkness soon. It will be all over soon."
"Kagome is here too. Why you brought her here??"
"The reason is same. She will remain here till eternity just as you are going to."
"Kagome is strong. She will make a right Wish I know that."
Keiji just prayed for Kagome to chose a right wish. She was afraid but she didn't let the Jewel sense her fear. She closed her eyes and sat in meditation posture. She channeled her spiritual powers out so that she could reach to out to kagome.
"Your attempts are futile girl. She is going to make a wish soon." Voice from Jewel said. But it didn't bother Keiji.

Somewhere else Kagome was fighting with her own fear of darkness. Inuyahsa was searching for Kagome but was unable to find her. The energy which was coming out of Keiji's body showed Inuyahsa the way to kagome. He reached on time. Kagome was on her breaking point. They kissed and kagome Made up her mind. She wished for the Jewel to disappear. The Jewel shattered and disappeared. Kagome and Inuyahsa found keiji. Three of them were then transported back to the modern era. As Keiji and kagome celebrated their return to their time, they saw Inuyahsa disappearing. Same way as Keiji disappeared from the feudal era. Inuyasha was gone and the well stopped working. They both were puzzled. "Inuyahsa...." Kagome got down on her knees and cried. Keiji sat beside her. She could understand how Kagome was feeling. She tried to act strong but she couldn't hold back anymore and broke into tears. Kagome's mom came and hugged them both. They told her what happened. Kagome's mom took both of them inside.

Back at the feudal era. Sesshomaru and others waited impatiently. Well reappeared but only Inuyahsa came back. "Where is she??" Sesshomaru asked his little brother.
"I am sorry Sesshomaru. She is back at her own time along with Kagome. She is safe...don't worry." Inuyahsa said sadly.
"Will they be coming back?" Asked Rin.
"I guess not. The well has stopped working." He replied.
"We are leaving." Rin and Jaken followed Sesshomaru in sorrow. Especially Rin...she was really sad.
"Wait Sesshomaru." Lady kaede called out.
He stopped but didn't turn. "I think you should leave Rin here. She should know how to live with humans."
"Rin."
"Yes my lord.."
"Do you want to live here?"
"I want to go with you lord Sesshomaru."
"Live with us Rin. You will love living here."
Kohaku said.
"I am not sure Kohaku."
"It's gonna be ok Rin. I know it's hard but you will soon learn how to live with humans again. Not every human is bad." Lady kaede reassured her.
"You will come to visit me once in a while...right lord Sesshomaru??" She asked with tears in her big brown eyes.
"Hmmmm....I will." Sesshomaru then took off. Jaken was behind him grabbing his fur.
"She will never return. Though i am glad she is safe now...but still....." Sesshomaru thought as he felt something slipped his eyes. "Tears!!!" He was shocked. He was crying....for the first time in his life. "I will miss you Keiji.....forever."He closed his eyes for a while. Tears rolled down as he remembered her pretty smile. Jaken couldn't see anything from behind.

**********THREE YEARS LATER************

Kagome and Keiji both got selected for a reputed university. Everyone was celebrating their commencement. Keiji's parents were there too. Everyone was happy except for Kagome and Keiji. It's been three long years. Both of them couldn't forget their first love. "Let's go home and celebrate." Mrs Higurashi said excitedly.
"No....lets go somewhere nice for lunch ." Keiji's dad said. "It's my treat." He added.
Everyone agreed.
After lunch all came back home. Kagome went to the shrine and cried. "I want to see you Inuyahsa."
Keiji was sitting under the tree of times. She was thinking about Sesshomaru. "Do you miss me Sesshomaru??" She thought. "It's like a void in my heart. I can't live without you." She cried heavily. She heard kagome's cries from inside the shrine. She walked towards the shrine.
"Kagome..." She called her.
"I miss him Keiji. Why the well isn't working?? I want to see him again." She bursted into tears.
Keiji stood there silently. She wanted the same but there was nothing that she could do.
Kagome's mom and keiji's parents came. "There you are.." Keiji's mom said as she entered the shrine.
"Mom ..." Keiji hugged her mother and started crying.
"We all know how you two are feeling. But crying won't change the past." Keiji's mom consoled the girls.
"But mom I belong there with Sesshomaru...I want to be with him mom."
Kagome's mom asked Kagome how she was feeling.
"I want to see inuyasha mom. I can't live without him."
Suddenly everyone saw light coming out of the well. Well started working...but for the last time. Keiji and kagome turned to their moms. "We understand...we will always love u." Keiji's mom and kagome's mom bid goodbye to their daughters. Kagome jumped in first. Keiji hugged her dad and jumped in as well.