t w e n t y - f o u r

(Damon)

Right after Jaide left, I was highly confused. I wasn't sure what happened or what was going on. Maybe I said or did something to disturb her but no one leaves a romantic setup to take chicken out of the freezer.

She was leaving behind a million questions and the look on her face worried me.

"What's wrong?" Audrey asked taking a sip of her glass of wine. She decided to make dinner.

"Just trying to figure out how in the hell you made this chicken taste so good." I reply trying not to focus on Jaide at the moment. I sincerely miss her hugs and would love to see her youth shine in her beauty. She's purely magnificent.

Audrey is becoming annoying to me now that Jaide is in the picture. When she talks, Jaide is all I see.

"Well, just a little recipe mi madre taught me." She smiles delightfully like she hasn't gotten a compliment in a long time. Her cooking is good, but when you used to love someone and everything about them, things don't feel right. It took me a while to remember why I loved her cooking so much.

"Oh yeah," I said losing interest in everything about her. The way I used to look at her isn't the same. When I'd stare in her eyes, my stomach jitters, my heart beats rapidly, and then I'd want to violate her insides with love. Now, I just stare at my reflection. All I see is the miserable man I've become.

"Why are you looking at me like that? " she asks shying away.

"You're just really pretty." She looks down at her plate not even acknowledging my compliment.

I picked up my cellphone feeling out of life. I need a distraction.

Immediately wanting to hear Jaide's voice, I texted her just so my heart can melt when she replies.

Me: Is everything alright?

She didn't respond right away but I could see her reaction when my name appears on her screen.

Looking at my screen watching the line flick before I can send another text, her reply shows up but it's blank.

Audrey gently snatches my phone and cradles it in her palms.

"I hate when you do that. It feels like your phone has become your life."

"What I do for a living is business. I want to make sure everything is under control," I said resting my head on my index finger annoyed with her behavior.

"Fine, I'll just get out of your sight," she looks at the screen as an evil smirk shows on her face and the brightness glowing on her skin compliments her stricking bone structure that makes me question why she never modeled. She has the face for it and striking eyes that'll hypnotize a padestrian. Her loose jet black curls cascades on her shoulders flattering her appearance as her smile fades in seconds. She's viciously stunning. "You're cheating on me aren't you?"

"It's not cheating if I told you I'm seeing another person. You practically 'knew' somehow." I said not feeling guilty about it. I'm happily open about this. I don't care how personal she takes it.

"Is she better than me?" She slams the phone on the table. I watch her face tighten up and turn red. She's boiling with anger and jealousy.

"Yes," I said confidently curving the sides of my mouth.

"Did you fuck her, Damon?" She clenched her jaw. Her anger simmering in the air made me a little excited. I can feel the adrenaline running through her body as she tapped the tip of her fingernails slowly on the table.

"Why does that matter?"

"Your dick belongs to me," I raised a brow feeling a little satisfied with her blunt reply. "You belong to me and I don't share what's already mine."

Surprised with her getting defensive over me made me feel excited for what she has to say next. May I add that seeing her like this makes me too overjoyed.

"Okay first of all, I don't belong to anyone." I said raising my hands in forfeit.

"You're mine!"

"No, I'm not!" I reply angrily slamming my hands on the table. Audrey flinched with her mouth apart. She quickly adjusted herself and snapped back into reality.

"You're not seriously falling for her are you?"

"I'd like my phone back!" She threw my phone at me pissed at how I'm handling this.

"You're letting her get in the way of us?"

"Audrey, there is no us."

"I cook, I clean, I help pay the bills around here, and this is how you repay me?"

"Please, don't even start!"

"She'll never win okay mister. It won't look entertaining when your attending someone's funeral!" She storms out stomping very angrily slamming the door.

"FUCK YOU, DAMON ALEXANDER  GREY! I HOPE SHE STEALS ALL YOUR MONEY YOU FREAKING HOOLIGAN!" She yells fiddling her purse for her car keys. "DON'T BOTHER CALLING ME," she unlocks the car as I watch her from the window peeking through my blinds watching her lose her mind. "YOU, HER, AND YOUR FAMILY CAN ROT IN HELL YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! YOU ASSHOLE, FUCK YOU!" She screams at me waking up the whole neighborhood. My next door neighbor Mr.Warren opens his door wiggling his cane in the air.

"I'm trying to sleep, woman!" He yells at Audrey. Audrey ignores him and plops herself into the driver's seat. She struggles to put on her seat belt but then has the nerve to throw up the middle finger and cuss some more.

"Karma is one hell of a bitch!" She slams her car door shut and proceeds to insult me again. I open up my window blown away with her reaction and how quick things turn ugly. She barely finished her plate.

"Thanks for dinner, it was lovely. You didn't finish your plate, though.
If you'd like to, I'll gladly throw it in the trash and you can finish it in there!" She rolls down her window and gives me the evilest gleam in her eyes. I felt the hate eating at me.

"I hope you die." She drove away as a triumph of smoke escapes the exhaustion of her BMW.

"I hope you die, too." Mr. Warren looks back at me bewildered. He knows about our chemistry and how we got here. He's one of those neighbors who will listen. I don't know how many times I've came to him and he listened but it sure feels like I was in a relationship with him too.

"You two piss me the fuck off. She'll come back." He said balancing on his cane as he walks back into his house.