t w o

Being the talk of the internet as the girl who got shitted on at her own graduation went viral. I got more attention from that than the day when Matthew completely lost his temper and all hell broke loose in the cafeteria.

My reaction traveled faster than Reef can ever cum. Everyone else is having a great time, other than I, who is still upset. Where the hell did that seagull come from, and why did it come for me?

Zoe gave me a side wink from across the table at the restaurant we're eating at, shoving Chinese cuisine down our throats. Beckoning her head at me as my eyes averted, she told me to look at Anna flirting with Cole. Cole slides his fingers down Anna's shoulder and pulls her in for a side hug. I was completely disgusted because I'm sitting next to Cole, and again, why do these females find him attractive? I find nothing hot nor cute about Cole, so yes, it bothers me that they're fondling each other right under my nose and I'm in the middle of it.

Zoe grabs her cell phone and tells us to put on the brightest facial expression.

"Guys, I'm on Snapchat, do something funny," she demands us as Reef pulls of an unpleasant stunt of him violently stuffing his face with noodles. The whole table laughs at him. Zoe lost her control, puts her phone down, and giggles with the rest of us. I wasn't laughing, instead, I smirked. Any moment now these friends I've made history with my whole four years of high school will probably be forgotten or buried somewhere in my memory when I'm on my death bed talking to my grandchildren about how I lived my life.

I won't miss Zoe because we are going to the same college together. Who knows, she'll probably work in the same job field as me. We're both enrolled in a psychology course, so it wouldn't surprise me if we end up running an office together doing the same thing.

I chuckle under my breath, ogling Reef while he makes a fool out of himself. I looked around, and all eyes are on us. Quickly moving my seat backward, I bump into a pedestrian. His drink falls onto his white blouse. Cole immediately raises up out of his seat to help the poor young man. He looked young, about twenty-two or three. He and Cole are probably the same height. The minute the unknown man meets eyes with me, his eyes roll to the back of his head for a second and out comes a hungry groan of anger.

"Damn, I'm sorry for my friend, man. Are you alright?" Cole says rising out of his seat to help the guy while implying an apology.

"No, it's fine," the guy adds, dabbing a piece of napkin onto his blouse. "Thanks, I got it, " he saunters away from Cole. "Just keep your distance. Thanks." The guy says. Cole walks towards us, shrugging his shoulders.

"See, I got your back," Cole says, patting my shoulder. I grimaced, most importantly annoyed by him. I didn't need him to apologize for me. I wanted to apologize for myself, but it was already too late considering the fact that one: the man already walked away before I had a chance to say anything, and two: he was giving way too much attitude knowing that I bumped my chair into him by accident. I meant no harm, I just wanted some space between my stomach and the table.

"You're just bad luck in general, Jaide, " Reef says to me, taking a sip out of his Smirnoff. "You piss everyone off."

"Your mom pisses everyone off!" I respond with an insult that will most likely end in a play fight or a stare-off. I chuckle under my breath while catcalls coming from the table silenced the rest of the customers having a conversation.

"You know what?" He points his index finger at me, laughing at the same time. "You're lucky I like you, and plus the fact that I don't have a comeback, so I'll let you slide, Princess." Reef somewhat threatens. I look at Zoe. She gives me a wink, and I give one back.

"And here are your—" The waitress comes to our table with a tray of desserts. I look at my dress and noticed a huge chocolate stain dripping from the cup onto me.

"I am so sorry ma'am." I get up from my seat wiping down the cold sensation from dripping further down my leg. Is God trying to send me a message? Could I have been born by accident, because this is the third time something bad has happened to me? First the seagull, the young man, now a fucking waitress who knocks down a whole tray of chocolate shakes on my dress. My fucking dress, that I designed myself not only by picking fabrics that are fucking expensive, but also to look fabulous, is the most important part. A graduation dress is like the finish of slaying prom.

"Dang, just go home. Stay inside, because..." Reef expresses his unnecessary opinion. I am this close to slicing his throat.