Chapter 13

Meghan's P.O.V

My stomach dropped and my blood ran cold.

"It's not still there...It can't be." I tried convincing myself, tuning out the screeching voice in my ears.

Ash kneeled in front of me. "Meghan? Are you okay?" He asked, worry in his voice. I slowly looked up at him with terrified eyes, unable to make a sound.

"Meghan, wake up." He said, now shaking my shoulders  like I couldn't hear him.

I brushed his arms off of me and tried to calm my swirling head.

"Oh God." I whispered, grabbing my pounding head. Ash let go of me and frowned until slowly  his face started deforming until it turned into a worried Devin. I blinked, very surprised by this.

"Wake up!" He yelled.

"Devin?" I asked, confused.

"Meghan! Wake up now!" He yelled again. Then it went pitch dark.

******

When I woke I was lying on a couch, clothes soaked with sweat and creating a small pool of it where I laid. I looked to my left and saw Devin, his expression scared. I reached my hand out to touch his cheek but right when I moved I had a sudden rush of nausea and felt something building up in my throat. I quickly shoved Devin out of the way and ran to bathroom, emptying the contents in my stomach.

"What happened to you in that dream, Meghan?" Devin said. His voice was soft, but very serious. I groaned, flushed the toilet, and stood up to wash my face in the sink.

"It's still there." I said, quietly, looking up at Devin once I was done. He raised an eyebrow.

"What is?" He said, before he stopped and realization dawned on his face. "Your chip." He said.

"The chip."

"Are you certain?" He asked, stepping in the bathroom to grab my arm and examine it.

"I felt it...I think. I'm pretty sure it's there." I said, softly pulling my arm out of his hold. "Where's Johnathan?" I said.

"He left a note on the fridge saying he went out jogging."

"Puck gave me the shot that was supposed to make this go away. Do you think maybe he gave me the wrong one?" I said.

"Goodfellow's not that careless. Her chips might have just evolved over the years and the shot that helped last time doesn't work this time."

I groaned. "Yeah, I guess your right."

"Are you okay?" Devin said, tilting his head to look at me but all I did was bow my head down in my hands. "Meghan." He said again, and I lifted my head up.

"Thanks for caring," I said with a small smile. He grinned.

"It's my job."

"But if it wasn't your job would you?" I asked, staring into his gray eyes.

"Why wouldn't I?" He asked. I shrugged. "You never answered my question though." He urged again.

"I'm fine. Just need some...fresh air." I said.

"Would you like to go out then? Your not in-house arrest, Meghan." He said, moving out of the way so I could walk out the bathroom.

"Yeah, just let me go get changed." I said, as I grabbed the backpack Devin brought me and walked back into the bathroom. I slipped out of my old clothes and slipped into some jean shorts, blue and gray sweatshirt, and blue high top converse. I fixed my hair and walked out the bathroom. Devin smiled.

"You look nice," He commented.

"Why thank you." I said and chuckled at him.