Chapter 5 : Too fast

Hi guys! I'm back! I hope you'll like that new chapter and have a nice day :D

Lily xx

Juvia watched as Gray shaped the stone. In only tree days, she was already used to spend the day next to him. Even though Gray was more of the distant and solitary type of Guy, he didn't seem to be the least annoyed by her presence. He simply did as ever, allowing her to be there. Since the day before, the young woman, now being familiar with the name and the use of the instruments, was act as an assistant once in a while. She even obtained him a contract only by talking to one of the people passing by.

Everything seemed too good to be true. A twinge of regret put her back on earth. "None of it is true" thought the blue haired girl who had to focus to prevent herself from crying. Tree days... Tree day had already passed since she promised Gajeel they were only staying a couple of day to make sure they where all right. And, no matter how Gajeel was denying it, Juvia knew he was believing less in less in Levy's guilt. She had to admit she herself had a hard time believing the small interpret could have done something bad.

Her heart tightened even more. If they where to stay any longer, it would rather be Gajeel and her that would be the real source of danger. But how could she imagine a life of wander in the forest, the fear of being caught by Phantom always present, and that, far away from her precious Gray? There it was! Her tears had escaped from her eyes, now rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Exclaimed Gray, obviously uncomfortable with seeing her cry.

"N...othing" she let out. "Juvia simply likes to look at Gray when he's working..."

"You're looking at me right now so why the hell are you crying?"

"Gray. Juvia has to..."

"Watch out!"

Before Juvia could understand what had happened, Gray had thrown himself at her, flattening her on the ground. She blushed. Since when was Gray so adventurous? Scenarios started to fill her imagination when a voice brought her back on earth.

"What are you doing?" Yelled Gray. "Get up!"

The young woman's brain started to work normally again. A man and a woman where standing before them. It didn't take her much time to recognise them. The woman, Sue, was holding in her hands a dagger identical to the one that barely missed her head. She and Boze, the man at her side, where members of Phantom. "No... not now!" thought Juvia. "Not while Gray's here". She had acted selfishly. She should have left sooner.

"Juvia!" started Sue. "I have to admit I'm disappointed... We thought that Gajeel and you would be more of a challenge..."

"Where's Gajeel?" Asked Juvia with a trembling voice, ignoring the insult of her former teammate.

She knew her friend was a great fighter. She however couldn't help herself from being worried. Gajeel was the only one who accepted her for what she really was, the only one with whom she had develop a real bound. She simply couldn't handle to loose him.

"Totomaru and one of our new recruits are already taking care of him, snickered Sue, nourishing her worries.

"How can you attack your..."

"My what?" Cut her off her attacker "my partners? You aren't one since the moment you decided to betray Phantom".

"Juvia did not..."

"Don't act like you didn't expect what was in store for you!" Intervened Boze, the same coldness in his look as Sue. "You knew very well what would happen when you deserted."