Chapter Two

Hey guys, finally had the time to update. This chapter isn't the best but only because it doesn't have a lot of details into it. These first two chapters were just to get some background information on the two main characters and the next chapter is when the story actually begins! Yay! So, enjoy and hopefully I will also be able to get chapter number three up today as well.

Three Months Later...

"What's wrong with him doctor? It's been three months since his tenth birthday and he has yet to shift." We were sitting in Dr. Collins office, a doctor that was smarter and more experienced than my mom.

"I don't know Maria, maybe he is just a late bloomer like you said. I'm sure that Gabriel will shift soon, the longest case of a non shifter was six months. It could be any day now. Just keep an eye on him." Dr. Collins shrugged and excused himself from the room, going to see his next patient.

"Is there something wrong with me?" I asked my ex parents. Tears filled my eyes because I didn't want to disappoint them and I didn't want to let down my pack. My ex father gave me a warm smile.

"Not at all champ, you're just a late bloomer like the doctor said. You'll be shifting and running through the woods with James in no time." He sent me a wink and I couldn't help the blush that came across my face. Ever since James kissed me in the bouncy house three months ago I've developed a small crush on him.

We've been holding hands more often and James even snuck in a few kisses to my cheeks and lips.

"Can we go home now? I wanna hang out with James." I whined getting jumpy in my seat.

"Let's go get some ice cream first? I'm in the mood for rocky road." My ex mother said. I jumped out of my seat and pressed my hands in the lap while I jumped up and down.

"Can we get cookie dough too?" I had a small addiction to the stuff. It was my life. That and James.

"Of course honey." My mom smiled at me again, grabbing my hand we walked out of the doctors off and to the ice cream shop down the street.

A year and seven months later...

"Doctor, he'll be turning twelve in a few days and he hasn't even shifted yet! What is wrong with my child?" My mother looked like she was on the verge of tears. My father had a grim expression on his face, we have been in here countless of times the only difference is the fact that Alpha Connor was in the room with us. A look of concern was embedded in his face but he wouldn't meet my glaze. Doctor Collins rubbed the bridge of his nose and looked at us with tired eyes.

"I have done all of the tests that I can Maria, he is healthy inside and out. I don't know what's wrong with me. There has never been a case of no shifting this long before, I'm just as lost as you are. Maybe, your son isn't going to shift. He has the body of a werewolf, he's just missing the wolf. At this moment and until your son shifts, if he shifts, I pronounce him human." My mother hissed as she pulled back from me as if I had burned her.

"Human? There must be some mistake, there is no way in hell that my son is a human. I am a werewolf and so is his father." She practically shrieked at the doctor before she whirled around and glared at me.

"You are a disgrace to this pack, to this family! You are not my son, you're a abomination!" Every word that came out of her mouth made me shrink back into my seat. Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked her in the face reaching a hand out to grab her shirt, but before I could grab her she took a step back and slapped me across my face.

"Maria!" My ex father shouted getting onto his feet and taking a half step in front of me.

"What is wrong with you? This is your son. Your flesh and blood, you carried him for four and a half month. You can't just not claim him as your son anymore! He can still shift." My ex father practically pleaded on my behalf and some of my tears stopped but the pain of my ex mother's rejection was still very fresh.