~Chapter Eight, One: A Day of Feelings, Empty Beds, and a Diary; Day Four~

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, milady, but--"

"No buts, Alice! I--"

The door clicked shut.

I hadn't noticed we were in the room.

I sighed. Time to get dressed then.

>>><<<

I came out wearing new clothes, obviously.

They're similar to what I was wearing previously, only with lighter colours. And frills. What an eyesore.

I hear the waltz playing.

Oh, Elizabeth, what do I do with you?

She was now teaching Alice how to dance, and it looks like Alice was fumbling for a bit, but quickly caught up to it.

Not this. I hate dancing. I can't dance very well for goodness's sake.

Elizabeth took notice of us. Oh no. "Ciel! Come on, let's dance! Sebastian can be partnered with Alice, then we'll change partners!"

Alice widened her eyes. "Milady, you never told me about chang--"

"Oh, I just decided of it out of the blue! I figured it would be fun and wonderful! Don't you think so too, Ciel?" Elizabeth flashed me a smile. I shook my head in amusement, a small smile on my face.

"Of course, Elizabeth."

"It's 'Lizzy'!"

Then we danced.

Lizzy was telling me about her day, and I glanced at Sebastian and Alice. He seems to be teaching the dance to Alice. She keeps on looking at her feet.

Elizabeth is not a good teacher, but she did give Alice the basics. At least she did that.

But she does look like a noble, wearing that. It would be nice if she has a little color in her eyes.

"--iel! Ciel!"

I flickered my gaze back to Elizabeth. "Ah, yes?"

"When did Alice arrive, I asked!"

"Oh. She arrived three days ago."

"Three days ago? Wasn't that the day after the m--"

"Yes, but I would rather not talk much about it."

"O-okay."

The music changed then, and we changed partners. Thank goodness I hadn't stepped on Elizabeth, that would've been a disaster.

Alice with me, and Elizabeth with Sebastian.

I made a mental note to ask Elizabeth why we had to dance.

"Are you doing well, Alice?" I looked at her as she was looking down at her feet.

"N-not so much, milord. I know Sebastian told me not to look down but I cannot help it." She almost slipped, I balanced her, and she murmured an apology.

"It is quite all right. How about this?" She looked up to me curiously. "I cannot dance well, so we are the same at that." I smirked.

She smiled, clearly amused. "But you're a noble, Master Ciel." I raised an eyebrow at her and she flushed red. "Miss Lizzy is here."

"How many times do I have to tell you it is okay to call me 'Ciel'?"

"F-forgive me."

I nodded at her, and she smiled at me a bit. I looked away, not comfortable at the proximity.