Chapter 10 - End Chapter

I awoke with a gentle kiss on the lips. “Kayleigh?” I groaned as the sunlight shone through a small gap in the curtains. For the first time in a long time I felt weak, and tired. My body had been drained of all extra power and strength I had had before. I hadn’t fed in a long time and every time I was in the room with a human the urge to feed was over powering, however with Kayleigh it was different. Her scent was different. When she was around I didn’t want to feed even though not feeding was killing me... Yup I had finally found a way to die, well I’d starve. 

“You know you’re doing well. This hasn’t been easy, I say we visit Dave at the cafe.” I nodded as she finished off what she was saying. It had been a while since I had left the house, it took everything I had to even stand on my own feet. I was unsure if I missed the power or not or if I loved feeling vulnerable, it made me feel slightly human. Fear was a rare thing to feel when I had power, without I felt like anything could get me, like if the demons tried hard enough they could take over and kill off every last piece of me, I’d be taken over completely and there would be no going back, the thought of that terrified me. 

I walked into the cafe and the place seemed empty, nothing past the usual. I let Kayleigh walk in ahead as I found the nearest seat to sit on, I was out of breath after the short walk we had there. These feelings felt new to me the only time I gasped for breath was when I was human or when I had ran for hours on end. Kayleigh came smiling with Dave following behind. They both looked at me with a confused expression. “Nathan are you okay?” Kayleigh asked worriedly as her hand ran down my back, I nodded taking a deep breath in. “Just tired.” i replied with. “Ah now son that doesn’t seem normal! Not for a strong leader like yourself.” Dave said, I looked up at him and his face dropped. “Your eyes are no longer red.” He nodded at me, I shrugged not really paying attention to what was being said as Kayleigh and him fell into deep conversation. 

“Your going to have to take the lad out of here, this could be bad Kay! If he’s fallen ill he will have no control, you’re in danger!” I heard Dave raise his voice slightly as I woke from the sleep I had fell into. “If he’s ill he needs me more than ever. He saved me and I will save him from this, even if it kills me Dave. I failed at helping you, I will help him over come this! There is a way I just have to find it!” Kayleigh said sternly and anger present in her tone. “Come on Nathan we better get you back, this was a bad idea.” Kayleigh said as she shook my shoulder thinking I was still asleep. 

I stopped as we were walking breathing in slowly, the strong smell of blood in the air. “Come on Nathan don’t break now.” Kayleigh sighed knowing exactly why I had stopped. I needed a hit, just one sip and I’d have the strength back, the power. Was I willing to ruin my chances of being human for the power? Did I want to be a leader? I closed my eyes and disappeared into my thoughts. 

“3...2...1...Run.” I counted down watching the crowd of people run in a scramble. All of the running, screaming like their lives depended on it... Well it did, technically. I smirked picking out which one it would be tonight. The town had started to fear me, it was great. It was a lonely life but the power was the best thing ever... The loneliness however was ending tonight, tonight was the night I’d pick the people to be like me. 

“You.” I smiled as I stood in front of a girl with long blonde wavy hair. She looked up at me with no fear what so ever, her scent over powering. She basically picked herself. “You’re perfect aren’t ya sweetheart?” I smiled as I ran my thumb gently up and down her cheek. She tilted her head to the side slightly. “I’m not scared of you.” She said her voice breaking slightly showing that somewhere underneath her confident act was a scared little girl waiting to come out. “Good.” I smiled down at her as I moved her hair away from her neck before sinking my fangs deep into her skin, letting the venom run down into her blood stream. I stood back as her body fell to the floor limp, shaking slightly as the venom started to run through her veins. 

“NATHAN!” Kayleigh screamed snapping me out of my daydream. “Sorry...” I murmured as I continued walking with her, she looked up at me and smiled before linking her hand in mine. For once something felt normal. I smiled down at her as we walked hand in hand together. Kayleigh seemed to be my strength. 

I lay on the couch Kayleigh’s head rested on my chest “I love you.” she whispered  as her eyes slowly started to close. My strength was slowly starting to come back, I didn’t feel an over powering strength but I felt like I could finally walk on my own two feet without my legs shaking. I seemed to have strength whenever Kayleigh was by my side. 

“I can hear your heartbeat.” Kayleigh smiled as she wrapped her arms round me giving me a squeeze as she awoke from her sleep. “You can hear my what?!” I asked again in shock, Kayleigh sat up and stared at me. “Your heartbeat.” She squealed as her lips met mine. I was human. My heart was beating again...True love was the cure.

So sorry for how shit the ending is! Also massive apologies for the lack of updates! My app I have on my laptop to write on crashed and I lost everything I had wrote so had to find a new thing to write on but all is good now! Look out for my "update" page where YOU can choose which fan fiction I write next :) thank you for all the votes, reads and comments. Please vote and please leave your comments good or bad just tell me your thoughts! Thank you so much! xx