thirty eight ∇ wake up call

MATTHEW WAS RELENTLESSLY poking at Omari's side, hoping to get a reaction out of her. Of course, she was asleep and exhausted so she wasn't even twitching.

"Mariii," Matthew sang. He'd established that day's goal was to annoy the living shit out of her. Yes, that's exactly what boyfriends do. He tickled her side and she shifted over a little bit before resuming her slumber. Matthew didn't touch her for a few moments before screaming, "Oh my god, Omari, there's a spider!" before shoving her body off the bed.

Her body landed with a loud thud, given that Matthew's floors were wooden, and she pulled the comforter off the bed with her. Matthew silently laughed to himself, awaiting  the moment that she would yell at him. After a cloud of silence filled the air, he craned his neck up to see if she was even awake. Wrong move.

"Matthew, you're so annoying," she stood, grabbed the pillow and began to hit him with it repeatedly. Matthew moved his arms up, blocking his face as he laughed. "Why don't you ever let me sleep? It's Tuesday and it's six in the morning, we don't have anywhere to be," Omari sighed tossing the pillow back on the bed before collapsing back onto the bed. "So just lay back down and relax."

"I could think of plenty of other things we could do rather than sleeping." Matthew told her, resting his chin beside her face, kissing her cheek.

"No thanks, maybe later." Omari yawned, turning to her side, her back facing him. Matt tried not to stare as he noticed her- her lower 'back', but it was too irresistible not to. He wrapped his arm around Omari's waist and pulled her to him, kissing the back of her neck.

"But babe-" Matthew began to whine.

"No, I don't wanna play right now." The girl moved away from him, slightly irritated. It wasn't because he was touching her, it was something else.

Matthew huffed in defeat, giving the side of her head a kiss once more before standing up again and flattening out the comforters so that she'd be more comfortable. He walked out of his bedroom into his bathroom to brush his teeth.

As he was applying the toothpaste onto his toothbrush, he looked over and noticed a heating pad. It was Omari's and she'd brought it over for a self-pamper, a pamper she didn't get to. Matthew wasn't stupid, he had an older sister and he grew up with her for as long as he could remember. He frowned while brushing his teeth. When he spit out the liquids in his mouth, he grabbed the heating pad and sauntered back into his room.

"Princess?" Matthew called softly, rubbing her back. She tensed up but relaxed when she realized who it was. "I'm sorry for pushing you off the bed, I didn't know Aunt Flo had come for a visit." And it'd sounded so weird for him to say. But he wanted to make sure his baby was feeling as well as possible. "But I brought you your heating pad if you need it."

At that, her ears perked up and she lifted her head from the pillow. He grinned at her and handed it over to her. After plugging in the heating pad for her and laying it on her tummy, he stood straight and made his way to the door.

"Babe?" Her small voice squeaked. She was frowning, something was obviously on her mind and it was affecting her badly. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Matthew smiled sweetly at her, leaning against the doorway. "You didn't do anything to me princess, why are you apologizing?"

"I feel bad for beating you up with the pillow." Her frown was completely upsetting to see and it even made Matthew a little sad.

"Baby," Matthew chuckled at how precious she was, slowly walking back towards her. He rubbed the side of her body, trying to comfort her and letting her know it was okay. "Don't be sorry. I'm not mad, I'm not hurt alright? It was nothing, I shouldn't have pushed you off the bed in the first place, especially since you're not feeling well."

And yet again, she was reminded why she was madly in love with him.

"You're sure you're not mad?"

"I promise, I'm not mad. I'm gonna go make breakfast, if you need anything I'll be out there. Okay?" His eyes flickered over every feature of her naked face, finding her beauty so enticing. She nodded her head and Matthew delivered a kiss to her cheek, letting his lips linger before pressing a second kiss to her forehead.

Omari lay there in his bed for a good fifteen minutes it felt before sighing and sitting up, tossing the covers over her body. Standing up was the biggest mistake and she regretted it, but it was too late now. A bloody damn Niagara Falls just pooled out of her uterus, making her remember why it sucked to be a girl. Of course, she was prepared and had stuck on a pad the night prior to this event and she was okay. Though, she still went to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

She rubbed her arms, in hopes of warming them up a little bit, as Matthew preferred to keep his house chilled. But she saw him by the stove and it was enough to warm her heart.

His hair was tousled as always, in its natural waves and his scruff was just slapped on his face and he was still in his grey sweatpants. They hung loosely at his hips and it complimented his v-neck shirt nicely, the peak of his shirt showing a little chest hair. He hadn't noticed her yet since he was so busy seasoning the hash browns.

She made a move to wrap her arms around his waist, resting the side of her face on his back. Matthew smiled and turned around to face the sunshine. He'd brushed the hair from her face and she was smiling back at him.

His eye crinkles were prominent as well as the dimples protruding in his cheeks. She loved him, she loved him so much.

"Matthew?"

"Yeah baby?"

"We fit together like the sticky ends of recombinant DNA."

///
back at it again with the science pickup lines.

next chapter, i'm trying a non-dialogue type of thing. i'm curious as to if you'll like it. they're gonna be out on a date but it's just gonna be actions and shit.

shameless self promo : i finally published my raphael fanfic, if you're interested. it's called eternal weakness and it's not a social media story. hey, wassup.

i think this is gonna be my last social media fanfic for a short while. i've already started on another matthew fanfic so i'll be able to publish that in a few weeks after this one's finished. i'm also working on a dom fanfic as well. super excited to share that.

hope you enjoyed this chapter, as some fanfics never state that the female oc is on her period, but it's cool, it's whatever.

jotd:
albert einstein loved horror movies. but he always used to sit really close to the screen because he hated the idea of spooky action at a distance.

song of the day:
i might / g-eazy ft. p-lo and k camp

sinceramente,
devon. xo