twenty five ∇ intrinsic & impeccable

TUCKER TWIRLED AROUND in front of a body mirror. "Matthew, how do I look?" Tucker asked as she was tucking in the tag thingy on the back of her shirt. Matthew sat on her bed, waiting patiently as she tried on outfits to get ready for dinner with his friends. They all had plans that week, especially Dominic who was more than ecstatic to send selfies of him petting koala bears.

Matthew laughed at how cautious she was being. He pulled her waist towards him so she was in between his legs and kissed her forehead. "You gonna try on your whole closet?" He muttered against her skin, his stubble slightly prickling on her forehead. His voice was deep, intimidating almost, but also very hot. "I'd love to do this all day, you modeling for me, but I'm afraid we have to leave for lunch very soon."

When Tucker tried to pull out of his grasp, his hands tightened around her waist. Just enough for her to gasp. Matthew was teasing her, slightly being more rough than he usually was because he knew it was a quality Tucker liked.

"I just want this to be perfect," She sighed desperately. "I don't want your friends to get a bad first impression of me." Tucker frowned as she leaned back into him, wrapping her arms around his waist. The height difference between the two was extravagantly adorable, anyone could come down to that conclusion. When she'd earned a throaty laugh from Matthew, she frowned. "Don't laugh, this is serious!"

"Tucker, they already love you. They've admitted to being overly excited to meet you, why would meeting them change the way they think of you? I didn't think any different of you," Matthew said as a matter of fact with a shrug of his shoulders. "except maybe you're shorter than I thought you'd be," He earned a slap to the arm as he playfully smiled at her, dimples prominent in his cheeks. "Point is, they'll love you. Their opinions on you wouldn't change for the world, they're nice."

"You are so..." Tucker couldn't even think of the words. Perfect was an understatement. Matthew was more than that. He was the taste of sweet, citrus lemonade on a heated day- refreshing and very much necessary due to the lack of hydration. She lacked confidence and he was there to boost her mood by encouraging her. He was intrinsic and impeccable.

She shook her head and smiled greatly, making Matthew wonder, 'What could possibly be on her mind to make her smile shine as bright as that?'

"I'm gonna go fix my hair," She unraveled herself from him and before she could go, she kissed his cheek and scurried to her bathroom.

Tucker was fixing her baby hairs, along her hairline. She hadn't even noticed Matthew; his arm was perched on the wall as he leaned against it. Matthew was beaming as he stared at her like she was the only thing that mattered to him. He absolutely adored her.

"You look lovely, you know? I'm not saying that so we can go. I really do think you look great."

The corners of her lips slowly twitched upwards and she turned to him. "You're too sweet." She went to fix the buttons of his shirt, considering it was buttoned to the top and looked like he was preventing himself from breathing. Tucker had only unbuttoned the top one and Matthew was already claiming that she was flirting with him.

"Not again, Tucker, stop stalling." He paused a moment in a joking manner. "Alright, fine, but we gotta make this quick, we don't wanna keep everyone waiting." It brought Matthew joy to tease her so it had made him overly happy to see her roll her eyes.

Of course he was kidding, the two hadn't known each other for very long, it wasn't like they were in love yet. In fact, Tucker had made him stay in the spare room because she wanted this- whatever it was to go slow, to savor the feeling of falling. Maybe she didn't want him to stay in the other room, but she didn't even know Matthew. And Matthew was okay with it.

[ - ]

"Boy, I'm telling you, you passed it." Tucker told Matthew as she peered out the window. "The Bazaar, right? Who decided on Mexican food again?"

"Alberto, I think. Or maybe he suggested Italian and it was Kat who wanted Mexican."

"Matthew, we've been driving in circles."

"And you're the one who claims we passed it. Don't you think we would've seen it by now? Maybe it's just really discreet- wait isn't that Dominic crossing the street?"

"Hey, yeah that is him!"

Tucker leaned over Matthew's lap and rolled down the window. "Dom!" Tucker shouted. Dominic whipped around, looking to see who was calling him. His eyes fell on Matthew's familiar car but he didn't recognize the girl in the car until he blinked. He waved and ran towards them.

"Are you looking for the restaurant? It's over there," Dominic extended his arm to point to a grey staircase. The two suddenly felt stupid for missing something so close. They hadn't seen a sign.

"Oh, yeah, we knew that, we just wanted to say hi," Matthew told Dom. "Hi."

Dominic chuckled. "Alright sure Matthew, I'll see you and your girl in." He patted the top of the car and turned again. When the coast was clear, Tucker smacked Matthew's arm earning a grunt as he looked over at her in disbelief.

"What was that for?!"

"I told you we were passing it."

"Oh, well in that case," Matthew leaned over and pinched her side.

"Ow, why'd you do that?!"

"I told you it was discreet."

Matthew had found somewhere to park and quickly ran over to Tucker's side of the car, as she was gathering herself together, to open her door for her. Her smile brightened as she saw Matthew waiting for her.

"Thank you so much," Tucker stood up and gave him a kiss on the cheek as he shut her door and gestured his arm out so she could hold it.

Tucker was nervous as hell.

///
i long to have a relationship like this.

anyway, how are you guys?

sinceramente,
devon. xo