thirty

'The Guy who hates Bananas' calling ... ...

Call Connected

Where are you?

Find me

Aha, you like to play hide and seek, fine just give me a hint

I'm eating banana

Okay

They didn't talk for a while. None of them hanged up. No one could. She seems so nervous right now. She's wondering what she's going to say to him.

What are you wearing?

Na uh

Fine tss

Ken is so desperate to see the girl he's always calling 'benji bananas', he's so desperate to see her face and to hear her real voice not just in their phone calls but in reality conversation. He's so excited to see her getting pissed by his jokes.

I'm here

Where?

I've got an extra banana, don't worry

Huh?

I already ate the first

You're a monkey just you wait

I will

You're nervous

I'm not

Why here? Plaza Montana is damn big and I hate this place

Because you said you hate it. I know you Ken more than anyone else

What do you mean?

Ah uh hurry up I don't have an extra peel of banana

Ugh okay let's talk about it after I find you stalker

I'm not a stalker

You are

Hurry up anyway

He's walking back and forth to make sure if there is a girl walking with a banana on her mouth but there isn't. "Where is she hiding? How tiny is this benji bananas?" He walked past the people, checking 'em one by one if they're holding a banana but he failed again. He came to a stop in front of the center statue of a hero in their town and inhaled and exhaled heavily.

Where the—

Turn your head up

His hands froze beside his ears as he heard two slightly different but slightly the same voice in front of him.

He slowly moved his head up and straightens his body and after he did it, the phone fell off and a face with a banana on her mouth showed up.

"No ... way ..." he suddenly say.

It took almost a minute for them to respond but the girl did it first after she chewed the banana. "Ken."

"Y—you're b—benji bananas?"

"I already said, I'm not benji bananas." The boy's eyes slowly widens as she opens her mouth to continue. "I'm Serena. Serena Patron."

He shook his head many times in front of her. He couldn't believe it. He wouldn't believe it. "N—no way. No way."

"Sorry."

"W—why did you lie to me?"

"I didn't lie Ken. I just didn't tell you who I really am because I'm afraid you would not talk to me."

Ken's face started to water without him noticing it. He didn't expect this to happen. He didn't expect to fall for the same girl who left him without telling him the reason why. Yes, Serena left him and she didn't say a word. She feels sorry for what she did. That was the worst decision she ever made. Telling him she has Emphysema. She should have told her the real reason why she has to.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"What?"

"You should have told me about your disease."

"I—if I would let you know, you would be hurt and I don't want that to happen. It's just a matter of seeing what is more painful, my disease or your feelings. O-of course, it's you. I-if I tell you that I have Emphysema, you'd be torn." Serena's face starts to get pale as usual, but it didn't matter anymore. She does not care if she runs out of breath right now. The only thing that matters to her is him, Ken.

"What do you think is you're doing right now Serena? I would have understood if you just told me about your condition! I should have been there by your side instead of making fun with some disguised stranger! You fooled me. You fooled me Serena. You hate bananas and you know that but you disguised yourself and tried to love bananas by making foolishness!"

". . ."

"I understand. I understand. You and I, we're nothing. We're already over. The banana convos? That was nothing. We had nothing. Goodbye, Serena." Even if it hurts like hell, Ken needs to do it. He needs to, for the sake of her health.

He started walking away but stopped without turning his head to her. His left hand is on his left side, trying to remember all the pain that time when he donated his kidney to her. That was hell. But seeing her dying was more of like hell than already is. "And oh, I'm glad you're feeling okay now. That's good. Keep on recovering Serena."

Ken finally walked away but without Serena's attention, Ken silently hid himself behind a tree and looked for Serena. He just can't leave her. She might run out of breath anytime. While looking at her, he just realizes everything. He still loves her. She needs him.

He watches Serena run to her car while holding her breath. He knows she's still crying. He knows that his words are needles that'll hurt her and will keep on hurting her. Ken watches the car and Serena go away. He would know that Serena will never come back in his life. He also knows that if she recovers, there will be no Serena anymore. There will be no Serena that hates bananas long ago but now dies just to eat it.

Ken wiped all the tears in his eyes. He should also move on. He should and he would.

While walking, his phone vibrated on his pocket. Someone's calling. "This is not Serena." After getting the phone off his pocket, he saw an unknown number calling. He's afraid that Serena would do the same trick just to talk to her but he still answered it anyway.

"Hello?" the other line started.

"Who the fvck is this?"

"De Leon Hospital. You are the first weird named in the contact list of Ms Serena Patron's phone that's why I called you."

"What happened to her?"

"Her car fell off into a cliff. She's probably dead by no—"

His phone fell of his hands but it didn't matter. He immediately called for a taxi and rushed to the hospital. Their happy moments and conversation suddenly popped up in his head. All of it.

When he came, the nurse told him that he is not allowed to go inside Serena's room. She's still under operation but he forces himself inside. The other male nurses was able to stop him from entering and that's when the doctor came out.

"We are really sad to say that the patient is—already dead."

"No—No way!" His scream disturbed all the other patients. The nurses tried to stop him from shrieking but then he slowly slows down and kneels down, his hands were on his eyes.

He can't accept the fact that the girl he loved, that the girl he talks on the phone, that the girl he just shouted hurtful words lately is now dead.

It hurts more than just hell to know.

THE END OR NOT.

EPILOGUE NEXT.