Part 1

Story inspired by
marichat_sins book safe house
"Chat, do you pur?" I asked.

"N-no." He stuttered as he nervously backed away.

"I don't believe you, I need to see for myself." I said, slowly inching closer. I stared into his charming green eyes. Chat was my best friend and my partner. There is no one I trust more except maybe Tikki. He knows all of my secrets - except one - my problems, my flaws. He knows everything. I feel safe with him.

I noticed he was blushing and I probably was too. I leaned down and placed a kiss on his cheek causing him to blush even deeper. I took that time to then scratch behind his ear, causing him to release a soft pur.

"So you do pur." I giggled and continued to scratch behind his ear.

"Purr-incess, please *purr* stop *purrrr*" Chat continued to pur until a loud crash sounded from outside.

Chat pulled himself up and said "That's my que, stay inside."

"Ok kitty." I replied. He was about to leave, but he leaned back on and lightly kissed my cheek making me blush - deep.

"Pay back." He whispered before taking off towards the crash, leaving me dazed.

"Tikki spots on!" I yelled. Nothing. "Tikki?" I called. Nothing again. "Tikki!" I panicked before remembering I left my bag at school.

"Great." I mumbled.

I ran out of the bakery and used the alleyways to get to school and avoid the villian - but my plan failed.

"Where you going?" I heard a man's voice ask. I turned around to see a boy - maybe around the age of 18 - claud in a black leather suit who was carrying a knife in both hands.

"Chat!" I called, hopping that the cat can get to his princess in time. I turned around to start running but quickly stopped once I saw a knife fly in front of me. I turned back to the villian after grabbing a knife off the ground. Looks like Marinette will be filling in for Ladybug today. I stood in a fighting stance - as did he.

"Ha!" The villian laughed "you think you can beat me? Your no hero!" I dropped out of my fighting stance and stared to me feet. He was right.

Suddenly I felt a pain in the side of my arm and a warm liquid oozed out of my arm. He continued to attack me, but I fought back. Next thing I knew my back was against the brick wall and his knife was to my throat. In the distance I saw a black cat running towards us, but he saw him too.

"Give me your miraculous or I will hurt her." The man growled. Chat took a step closer and he held the knife even tighter to my neck.

"Chat no!" I yelled as he was about to take his ring off. I squirmed around in the man's grasp until a warm, thick, liquid was felt on my hands. I stared at the man - who looked like he was in pain - in confusion. Realization hit me as fast as the man's head hit the ground. My heart and movement seized to a stop as I stared at the dead man with blood running out of the corner of his mouth. I looked down to my hands which held a bloody knife. I killed him.

I stared to the ground even as the knife fell on the ground, making a loud clank as the cold metal hit the concrete. I didn't even dare to make eye contact with the cat who's gaze was on me.

"Marin-"

"I-I didn't mean to." I interrupted him. I bored my eyes into his which were giving me a worried and concerned look.

"Marinette it's ok." He said, slowly approaching me.

I felt my whole world crumble in front of me. I killed someone. A superhero killed someone. Isn't that what I'm supposed to prevent? And to make all of this worse, Chat saw. Chat witnessed my murder someone. He hates me now. The one person I can trust, watched me murder someone.

My thoughts were interrupted when Chat put his hand on my shoulder. Like putty, I sunk to the ground at his touch, and he sat with me.

"Marinette, we will get through this." He said, taking me by surprise. I was expecting him to turn me in or something. He put his clawed hand under my chin and lightly pushed my head up to look at him. "I won't let anyone hurt you, and I'll be there for you, I promise, you are safe." He continued.

And safe is exactly how I felt.
______________________________
So... do you like?
Don't forget to check out the story that inspired me by marichat_sins
And I didn't edit, so expect mistakes