Chapter Twelve

The next morning, I woke up realising 2 things. The first, that I was very much naked in someone's bed and the second, that I needed to pee. Sitting up in the bed, I was grateful I didn't get hangovers. That was the last thing I needed when I had a busy day ahead of me.

Looking over to sleeping body laying peacefully beside me, I lifted the duvet that covered our bodies and it came as no surprise to see Michael was naked also. The last thing I remember happening was him kissing my neck, so I can only assume, by the lack of clothing on both our parts, that we had slept together. I wasn't ashamed or embarrassed by that fact because I've had to do worst things on a mission before, the only difference here being that we were drunk when it happened. I knew that he wouldn't be weird about this, which was a bonus because I didn't feel up to having an awkward conversation. We both were drunk, we had sex, that was all there was to it.

Slipping out of the bed as quietly as possible, I grabbed my dress after spotting it on the floor and slipped it on to go search for a bathroom. I eventually found one beside the spare bedroom and that was when I remembered that me and Claire were both supposed to be sleeping in there. I checked to see if she was inside but when I saw the empty room, my guess was that she was with Calum. Looks like we both had a one night stand, I mused silently, opening the bathroom door and going inside.

After I had used the toilet, I searched for a pack of wipes but found nothing so instead had to use toilet paper and wet it under the sink before I could even attempt at getting my make up off. It had smeared during the night and my lipstick was no longer on my lips, so I scrubbed the remains of my make up off my face. Once that was done, I put the paper in the bin and headed back to Michael's room, deciding it was time to wake him up.

"Rose?" He asked, groggily as I shook him, calling his name.

"It's time to get up."

"My head hurts." He complained, burying his head further into the covers.

"That's called a hangover. You'll live, now get up. I have to go home and get changed before I go to work."

"What time is it?" He asked, rolling over onto his back and throwing the covers off his body, complaining of the warmth. I didn't look at his body, I'd seen it all last night and bits and pieces of the night were starting to come back to me. I didn't want a replay of the events so I averted my eyes, telling him to get dressed and I'd meet him downstairs.

I had no idea where my phone was so I couldn't check the time but I was hoping it was early enough so that I had enough time to get home, have a shower, then get dressed and head to work. I didn't want Blade seeing me in this state.

"Wait." He said, grabbing my wrist and pulling so hard I fell back onto the bed.

"What?" I asked him.

"This isn't gonna get weird, is it? I mean, I'm not looking for a relationship..." He trailed off.

I laughed, feeling relief flood through my veins. Turning to face him, I planted a kiss on his lips, smirking as I pulled away.

"You just read my mind." I told him.

He grinned, pulling me closer. "Do you know what time it is?"

"No, I'm not sure where I left my phone." I told him honestly.

"I think I remember seeing it downstairs but fuck, my head is killing me too much to think so hard."

"Well, get up, drink some water, take some painkillers and you'll be fine." I told him, about to get up when he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"How are you not hungover right now?" He groaned, burying his face into my neck.

"Because I'm just so fucking amazing that I don't suffer with them." I told him, smiling sweetly.