Chapter Nineteen

Rose/Maya's POV

When I woke up the next morning with a headache, I groaned, wanting nothing more than to roll over and go back to sleep. Grudgingly, I got out of bed to go take two paracetomols. Once I had taken them, I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

The hot water relaxed my tense muscles as the water cascaded down my body, leaving me feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day head on.

Wrapping a towel tightly around my body, I went back to my bedroom and got dressed, pulling on a pair of black skinny jeans, a red vest top and my black leather jacket. Then, I tied my hair into a ponytail and headed downstairs.

Breakfast was a must, so I quickly made some cereal and sat down at the table, eating quickly. I thought about the mission as I did so, wondering how everything would plan out. I had little under 4 months to complete it now. As long as both targets (Luke and Andrew) were dead, things would go swimmingly. Of course, Andrew wasn't actually my real target but just because he was working for the Skulls he was going down.

The boys had a photo shoot to do today so I would be making a quick stop there and then heading to Andrews. The photo shoot would be starting soon as it was nearly 12PM so eating the remains of my cereal, I dumped the bowl and spoon into the sink before heading to the door, swiping the car keys off the table beside the door, making sure my purple wig was attached perfectly so that no stray hairs that showed my natural dark brown colour weren't showing through.

Confident that I looked good enough, I left the house.

***

When I arrived at my destination, I noticed a dark grey cloud hanging in the sky, immediately putting a damper on my mood. Typical English weather as it rained more often than not but I was hoping today we could have nice weather. At least I had a hood, just in case it did start to pour down.

Once inside, I texted Michael to let them know I was here and that they should come and get me.

"Rose!" I heard them before I saw them as I was too busy wasting time by flicking through the magazines in the reception.

"Hey." I smiled, glancing at each member in turn before my eyes rested on Luke, who looked absolutely awful. He avoided my gaze, his eyes resting solely on the floor, making me frown.

So that was how it was going to be.

"How are you?" I asked them, planting a smile firmly on my face, all the while trying to figure out what was wrong with Luke. He seriously couldn't be upset because I rejected him, could he? I told Michael to explain to him I wasn't looking for a relationship.

"We're good." Ashton replied, smiling awkwardly, as though he could sense the tension between me and Luke.

"He's been moody all day." Calum whispered into my ear when Luke walked away, claiming he was thirsty.

"Why?" I asked, perplexed.

"Because you rejected him?" Michael laughed.

"I suppose that means I have to speak to him, doesn't it?" I asked, not wanting to have a conversation about something I was trying to forget.

After the kiss, I had done my very best to push it to the back of my mind and so far, it had been working. Now, all I could remember was the way his lips felt on mine, how soft they were...

I really was in a difficult position. This was the guy that I was supposed to kill. I should not be having these thoughts.

The guys nodded. "Please."